5'6'' ladies (or thereabouts)

Options
how many calories are you eating
and do you eat your exercise calories back and losing?

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"ish, 156lbs, and have my goal set at 1350. Most days I end up eating about 1400-1800 and am VERY slowly losing with that number. I'm pretty sure being pretty much sedentary doesn't help.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Only one response so far? Seems like women must be getting taller......
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    5'6", calories presently set at 1310 for 1/2 lb loss). I've always eaten most of my calories.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You must be new here...

I'm probably just about between 5'5 and 5'6, I weigh 154lbs but I had an operation recently and I was 147lbs and really happy there, but put a little on during recovery.

I eat between 1,500 - 1,700 if I want to lose, and around 1,800 - 2,000 to maintain.

YES I eat exercise calories back, you're meant to on MFP because you've already been given a deficit, do not ignore that fact.
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 & 140lbs and I have my daily goal set at 1,750 to lose 0.5lbs a week, most days I struggle to reach this and usually average at about 1,350.

I don't tend to log my exercise because I cycle everywhere and don't have a heart rate monitor so I think if I logged my exercise according to MFP I'd overeat to eat my calories back but I think most people do eat back exercise calories, or at least half.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 159 pounds; my goal is set to 2350 calories a day although probably 2/3 of days I don't quite meet it (which is OK because the other 1/3 of days I blast it out of the water - it balances out over a week). I do try to get within 100 calories of it, some days it just doesn't work out that way though.

I am losing about .6 pound per week at that level. I don't usually eat exercise calories back - unless my Net Calories are going to fall below 1500 which rarely happens, because my primary exercise is just a ton walking (most days over 6 miles in total; my highest day was over 13 miles, per Fitbit) but it doesn't really raise my HR much it's just a ton of being active.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 194. I aim to lose 1 pound a week and my base calories are 1650. I plugged my info into MFP and it spit that out, I also checked that with the fancy equation and it seems right. I have a desk job, btw....that can effect your TDEE. I eat back my exercise which averages 2000 to 2200 calories on workout days (5-6 days a week). As long as I stick to my calorie limit I don't find myself starving and the pounds are coming off slowly. Aprox 1 pound a week (with a cheat meal here and there). Also note when entering exercise into MFP I adjust the time I did the exercise to about 40% of what I actually did. The calories for some exercises tend to be too high. You kind of have to figure out what works for you.

You are best off figuring using "the equation" and finding out what is recommended for you. Then adjust as needed. People are different and what works for one might not work for another.

Best of luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", but I don't count my calories, sorry! You'll notice that several women here put their WEIGHT in their reply because that will affect how many calories you eat (and how fast you'll lose). Age is also an important variable: I'm 49 and can't quite eat the way I did in my 20s and still lose weight. Best of luck!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7 and currently weigh 147.7lbs I lose about .4lbs a week on 2k a day...my maitenance is 2267.

I eat the same everyday but workout at least 5-6x a week and get in on average 9k steps a day without exercise. Even tho I work at a desk. I also lift heavy 4x a week. I use TDEE method instead of MFP's NEAT Method now but when I did use the NEAT method I always at back my exercise calories...all of them.

I could lose faster if I wanted but my goal atm is 145...might change it to 140 in the new year we will see.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 33 years old, and when I decided to lose weight was 135. I ate around 1700-1800 calories per day, worked with weights about 3 days a week, did short cardio, circuit training workouts, and played volleyball 2-3 times a week. I usually did not eat back exercise calories, as my goal was already a very slight deficit. I don't count calories now, I'm maintaining around 120ish, but if I do log to check myself I maintain around 2100-2200 calories per day.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" age 42. My current weight is 205.6 and my goal is 130. I am also using the TDEE method so I have 1510 calories a day but rarely reach that. I am usually around 1350. I am losing about 1.5 a week. I do not eat my exercise calories back.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's not just about height, it is about your current weight, activity level, amount you want to lose..
    Put your stats into an online calculator and it will give you a suggested amount based on your stats and goals:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 275. I eat 1790 calories a day and I'm set at 1.5 pounds lost a week. When I started out 50 pounds ago, I was eating 1940 calories a day.

20350194.png
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 236. I eat around 1500/day on a day without any exercise and am losing about 1-1.5 lbs/wk. I eat back about 1/2 of my exercise cals when I do work out.
  • rhonellewaldron
    rhonellewaldron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"ish, 156lbs, and have my goal set at 1200. Most days I end up eating about 1000. I lose between 0.2 to 1lb per week. I do HIIT 3 times a week and on those days I eat more to ensure I have enough energy for the workouts. On the other days I try to fit in some cardio once I have time but I don't eat back calories.
  • h_seaward
    Options
    Im 5ft7 and weight 138lbs would like to get down to 134ish so im closer to 9 and a half stone. I do 1 hour of kickboxing 3 times a week and 1 hour of crossfit 3 times a week plus maybe 1 or 2 runs (of 5-8 miles) MFP has calculated 1200 calories for me and I usually go under this. I try not to eat my exercise calories back as worry that I havent actually worked off as many as MFP has worked out! I do have the odd binge day where i'll eat the wrong things though! Im currently not losing as much as I would like- lost 1lb in the last 2 weeks! Need to be more disciplined!!
  • kt_simms
    kt_simms Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and have a LOT to lose. My counselor recommended I eat 1800 calories a day, plus 50% of the calories I burn during exercise. She warned me not to get below 1200 net calories consumed a day and prefers that I stay above 1400 to avoid metabolic confusion.
  • amykhughes
    amykhughes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 140lbs. I set my calories to 1500 because it was the lowest I could go and still feel sane. I eat back every single exercise calorie too (sanity!). I lose about 3/4 of a pound per week. It's slow, but maintainable. I got tired of the restrict/binge cycle.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Days off, i'm pretty sedentary due to studying and exams so i stick around 1300-1400. days i work i'm pretty active and can eat up to 1600-1700. i fluctuate a lot but i've lost about 5 lbs in a month and a half.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    5'6", 152 lbs., 38 yo. I eat 2075 3 on days I lift weights (3x/wk.) and 1825 on days I don't. I'm losing about a half pound a week right now. My goal is 150. I've lost 50.5 pounds since January 1.