Hi, I am new to MFP

Options
I was about to start Weight Watchers for Men, but heard so many good things about MFP. Will counting calories work as well as counting points? Anyone have any tips for older guys like me (64 yrs) trying to live a longer healthier life?

Replies

• barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is much better...well I think so anyway. WW never worked for me especially the 'free foods' everything has calories and you need a deficit to lose. It does get harder as we get older, but just keep logging everything and try to exercise, whatever you can do adds up.
  • apower1
    apower1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been logging on MFP for 75 days now. I have lost 20 lbs. need advice how to lose more weight.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

I'd highly suggest READ, READ, READ - educate yourself!

For me, understanding why (the biological science) I craved chocolate chip cookies allowed me to see that it was not this mystical force and that I was not at mercy of it's whim. Rather since it is a physical / biological state, I can retrain my body by feeding it healthier things. For me, it was rather empowering.

Best of luck to you!
  • NJLithoJoe
    Options
    What happens on those occasions (and I'm sure it happens to everyone now and again) when you really go off the healthy diet and overeat? Say at a party or event? Should you still log your food choices to see how badly you did?