Train Wreck?!?

Options
Hi Peoples... I think my title says it all in the long story short.... so here is the short story long lol... At 36 years old I crushed my lower spine Had reconstructive surgery did 4 years to learn to walk again due to the extensive nerve damage and keep them from taking my legs, they finally had to install a spinal cord stimulator. (turns a pain signal to an electric shock... so that brings me to my 40th birthday.... I woke up on my birthday not able to breath... due to good ol pain management my heart had some serious issues.... went for stress test but due to my injury I could not do the tread mill so they had to nuke me... they explained the procedure to me then they asked me if I had any questions or concerns????? My answer was "are you going to kill me?????" they said no we have the antidote that counters the reaction in two minutes... WELL GUESS WHAT! I was in trouble within the first minute of the procedure and it takes 2 minutes for the nuke injection to work I was dead after the first minute I was gone and on my way to heaven for three minutes before they revived me... yes it was peaceful I felt great but god didn't want me yet I guess... anyway Two heart ablations 13 hours total, first day was 7 on the right side then 8 hours on the left the next day I felt great got some breath back, I'm on ten different pills a day for life... One of them is tykosin sp? and it does not play well with others... by playing well with others I mean with certain foods & supplements... anything from grapefruit and bananas to packaged foods so pretty much everything in the supermarket that you normally eat was off my list.... so after surgery and having issues due to finding foods that my one med doesn't like they had to install a pace maker defibulator.. with that said guess what doesn't get along in the same body????? that dam spinal cord stimulator!!!! so heres the deal with that.. if one goes off... like using my spinal cord stimulator to help with nerve pain it sets of the defibulator and it son of a gun SHOCKS my heart... easy decision I turned off the stimulator and deal with the pain straight up... man to man... why not just take something for the pain you say???? well I cant even take an aspirin with my tykosin it stops me from breathing and will kill me.. so its cold turkey with that.. okay bring it on... I've made it this far.. I always said my body will not be in pristine condition when I reach heaven, My *kitten* will be sliding in sideways all busted up screaming WOOHOO WHAT A RIDE!!!! lol So up to this year.. I was 46 in april I was up to 312lbs with cardiomyopathy ( my heart can't pump all the blood out I'm at 30% normal is 65%) My metabolic rate is so low due to this 30% normal diet was not working... did all the jenny Craig type diets.. but guess who doesn't like jenny lmao yea tykosin... so needless to say I have to make all my food from scratch I've learned a thousand calorie diet a day is the best thing for me.... I've also learned how to do this and NOT BE HUNGRY and have all the energy I need... I can not use any vitamins or even fish oil or whey protein ; (... lol now you know where my name came from because I'm over the not being able to use whey protein in my diet as I have my entire life plus I'm over weight so there it is lol it makes me laugh... my fitness pal app has made something that would have been a full time job keeping track of my macros to something I look forward to using every day... I'm kicking *kitten* now I'm down to as of this morning 271.3lbs that's with no exercise.. and the reason I'm doing it this way is so if I can't walk I have all the bases covered... my goal is to reach 265 then I'm adding in walking and my Dr cleared me to use work out bands...

Enjoy your week!

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Damn... good job for fighting through all that wreckage.... I'd be on the couch all day cruising on vicodin and whiskey...
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I read your post and "Perseverance" is the first thing that comes to mind. Keep strong and keep at it. Sending a friend request.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are doing awesome!! Amazing keep up the good work xx
  • 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gees, what a story!! I just don't know what to say... I wish you luck in your journey. Amazing story and I pray you reach your goal and get to have many healthier years ahead of you!
  • overwhey8
    Options
    Damn... good job for fight through all that wreckage.... I'd be on the couch all day cruising on vicodin and whiskey...

one can only wish lol
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am really happy you didn't ask for any food suggestions because I wouldn't touch that one :p Great work and another example of why there are very few ppl that I make excuses for. You get through all that and still find away...great story!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for kicking *kitten*! Much respect!
  • overwhey8
    Options
    thank you everyone you guys are awesome!!!