For those who lost motivation and are trying to find it again.

Options
Hello!
My name is Rebecca.
When I was 7 or 8 I developed an eating disorder called Binge Eating disorder. I would overeat but it was more than just that. I couldn't stop myself. No matter how full I was I just could not stop eating. I stopped eating meat at age 13 in the hopes that it would help me gain controll. Finally when I turned 19 and had reached 220 pounds I realized it was much worse than I had ever imagined and that I needed to change even more to get better. I got a group of friends together to motivate me, I started posting on weightloss forums, I had an instagram dedicated to getting motivated to change myself for the better, and much more. I worked out every day for at least an hour. I did the insanity program twice. I started taking pilates classes one a week. I also made a big change to my eating habits and became a raw vegan. In the span of 6 months, I lost 70 pounds. After that things went sour at home. I was being physically and verbally abused. One day, I got a few of my things and left. At the time I only had a part time job so I stayed with friends until I found something else. During that time, I had no means to workout as often. I could no longer be picky with what I ate and had to start eating meat again since other people were supporting me out of the kindness of their hearts. My body couldn't handle the sudden changes and I gained everything I had lost back within 4 months. I had lost all of my motivation to do anything. I hated myself even more than I had before and I had no faith I would ever be able to do what I had done before again.
Now after moving into an apartment with my boyfriend with a new full time job to support myself and finally access to a workout facility I am ready to try and start again. I won't be able to continue my raw vegan diet due to limited funds, but I am trying to learn how to prepare meat and fish in a healthy manner.
I don't know if anyone has ever had an experience like this, but I would like to help motivate others to keep going and be motivated in return. If anyone has any experiences like this, I think they would be great to hear about!

Replies

• chewnadaa
    Options
    Hi you are indeed a very strong person having to go through all this in ur life. I have also regained my lost weight and feel very ashamed of myself. Let's support each other and lose weight together