Failing..

Options
I fell off the wagon a while ago but I got back on.. Something just isn't right though. I do eat fairly well, I know I could make some better choices with SOME things, but honestly I do eat well. I work out at least 4 times a week, sometimes more. But I forget to log everything when I do it and later when I remember it feels like its too late to log it so I don't. I feel like I am wasting all my hard work. I've been sick this last week and couldn't keep food down at all, and somehow managed to gain back everything I had lost the week before.. I don't understand what is going wrong.
Cardio is harder on me than I realized just because I am SO out of shape currently and suffer from pretty severe asthema, and weight training.. it's going okay. I can't afford a gym so I do everything in my livingroom.. following video's and I've had to find modifications for alot of them because I simply can't do them normally.
To get to where I want to be seems impossible. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm honestly ready to throw my arms up in the air and scream 'screw it' to be honest I already have but I don't want to quit.. I just don't see anything good coming from continuing to try when all the hard work I've done since JANUARY (joined MPF long after that though) has been wasted.. I am the prime example of an astonishing failure.

Replies

• zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I'm right with you sis!
    I have been participating with MFP since October 2012.
    Starting Weight - 271lbs Oct.2012
    Lowest Weight - 203.5lbs July 2013
    Current Weight - 245.0lbs - as of this morning
    I feel like such a failure every time I touch a damn scale.
    I like lifting and even went so far as to order Chalean Extreme and BoFlex adjustable weights! They are collecting dust right now.
    I also want to get a great booty so I invested in a weighted hula hoop...LOL that was fun.
    Anywho...I am apart of a gym 24 Hour Fitness ...I had a group personal trainer that really helped but I had to cut down on cost.

So please know you are not alone and I am hoping we can encourage each other...I was going to start my own thread, but saw yours and was like that's exactly how I feel!!!
  • scotvalkyrie
    scotvalkyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I understand completely how you feel. I've fallen off the wagon several times, but I keep trying to climb back on. I also feel like I keep going backwards; gaining weight despite my attempts to lose it.
    I am also out of shape, and I am limited to what I can do physically because I am 100 lbs overweight, and I have sarcoidosis of the lungs, which means I have to take prednisone daily to keep breathing. I feel your pain!!
    The thing I do is just keep trying. I keep logging my food intake every day, even if I have to go back a couple of days because I didn't fully log all my meals. Sometimes I will try to "pre-log" everything I plan to eat that day in one go, so that most of my food diary is done at once. And ... make sure you're being HONEST about what you're eating. I have to measure, measure, measure. On ebay, look for the Weight Watchers serving spoons. These will help you make sure that you're really eating 1/2 cup of whatever.
    But -- and this is the hardest part -- don't be hard on yourself. At least for not very long. A tiny tantrum is okay. But then I have to just pull up my panties and try, try, again. And set little goals for yourself. And I mean little.
    Try, for just one day, to log all your food perfectly. Measure perfectly for just one day. And then try to do it the next day. If you don't do it the next day, that's okay. Just so long as you put something in your food diary for that day!! If you can log perfectly for a couple of days, then shoot for a goal of logging perfectly for five days out of the week. Just five. That gives you some wiggle room to say, "well, I didn't measure every single g-d morsel that passed my lips, but I got it pretty well for the week."
    Some weeks, you're just not going to to lose weight. It may be because you're retaining water, you lost more than usual last week, or a butterfly farted in China. And you're justified in kicking the scale and saying whatever is your favorite curse word, but you keep on logging food in your diary and doing your cardio in your living room (which, by the way, HUGE PROPS TO YOU for doing that!!!). Make sure that you log your cardio on MFP too, because that gives you some extra calories to eat. And it gives you even more wiggle room on your daily meals!
    Keep on keeping on. Keep holding on. Keep on TRYING. The weight is going to come off ten times slower than it went on, because extra weight is a stinking rat *kitten* house guest that doesn't know when to leave!
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! LOL at the butterfly in China farting ...hehehe
  • Kairalie
    Kairalie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well... its been a few months and after a horrible accident, SURPRISE.. I fell off the wagon while trying to recover. I suppose it was warranted as hospital food SUCKS. And then after I couldn't do much.. but I feel like that is an excuse. HOWEVER! I am better, doc gave me the go ahead to start walking daily again, and I'm not on any kind of meds that would affect anything anymore, so I'm good to go again! Starting over. Again. For the hundredth time... Wish me luck!
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Good Morning,
    I'm right with you sis!
    I have been participating with MFP since October 2012.
    Starting Weight - 271lbs Oct.2012
    Lowest Weight - 203.5lbs July 2013
    Current Weight - 245.0lbs - as of this morning
    I feel like such a failure every time I touch a damn scale.
    I like lifting and even went so far as to order Chalean Extreme and BoFlex adjustable weights! They are collecting dust right now.
    I also want to get a great booty so I invested in a weighted hula hoop...LOL that was fun.
    Anywho...I am apart of a gym 24 Hour Fitness ...I had a group personal trainer that really helped but I had to cut down on cost.

So please know you are not alone and I am hoping we can encourage each other...I was going to start my own thread, but saw yours and was like that's exactly how I feel!!!

I am also doing ChaLEAN Extreme and bought the Bowflex adjustable weights and yes, they are collecting some dust right now lol

I had my second baby 5 months ago and am just lacking the motivation :/ I LOVE working out but for some reason this time around for me is harder. After I had my oldest I lost 121lbs (took me 3 years) but I was so motivated and determined. Not sure what my problem is right now. Would love some motivation and new friends if you both would like to keep each other on track?! :) WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

• BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Failing is just one slippery step toward success..
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it! I've fallen off the wagon a lot of times. I just figured I'm going to have good days and bad days the rest of my life. It happens...as life does.
  • bshrom
    bshrom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need a buddy ☺