Caloric deficit

Options
2»

Replies

• reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump!! needed to hear that! eat calories, don't eat calories back...thanks for the clairfication!!
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A confusing question I have...

Well first of all, I really love the concept of eating back my exercise cals. I particularly am enjoying gaining them back in a glass or two of red wine at night.

Now to the ?- yesterday, there was a thread about your net amounts. Should your net equal your mfp goal?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    A confusing question I have...

Well first of all, I really love the concept of eating back my exercise cals. I particularly am enjoying gaining them back in a glass or two of red wine at night.

Now to the ?- yesterday, there was a thread about your net amounts. Should your net equal your mfp goal?

On days that you don't exercise, your net calories will equal your MFP goal. On days you exercise, your goal is your regular goal + your exercise calories--your goal goes up on those days.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I get the whole deficit thing now! yay!
    but that last paragraph I am having a hard time understanding? I still have 32% body fat, my main goal is to get rid of it!
    you say, "You do not BURN FAT during your workouts, you burn cals"
    how are you not burning fat during workouts, if fat is also calories?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you burn cals at the workout, the fat loss tends to occur more when you are sleeping, hence why they say that a good nights sleep benefits weight loss. I have read up on the science of it and it makes sense but it is pretty detailed stuff that has to do with hormones etc. The fat on your body has caloric value but it is the metabolic rate being raised that burns off that stored fat not the actual workout that you do. Working out raised that metabolic rate. This is why weight training provides longer lasting cal burns, you do not burn much during the workout but over time you burn more than just doing cardio alone. This is also why metabolic resistance training is so effective, it combines both cardio and weight training to give you a high workout burn and a long lasting burn afterward.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    t I thought it was just common sense that if you're burning 1000 calories from exercise a day that you would probably need to be eating more those days than you usually do. If your plan is to eat 1200 calories a day and you're burning 1000 calories a day then you're only bringing in 200 working calories for your body to utilize to remain alive.
  • smiler1978
    Options
    Thanks xxx
    :blushing:
  • Leigh_mc
    Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump - for later