‘One’derland… 117 lbs lost – Pics and journey story!

Options

Replies

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude but the math on it is freaky.
    I estimate your TDEE to be on average (through all this period) at around 2000 calories a day.
    You say you were eating 1200-1500 calories a day so let's average that to 1350.
    Daily calories reduced through eating:
    tdee- calories consumed= calories toward weightloss:
    2000-1350= 650 a day
    650 calories x 182 days=118,300 calories total so that is approximately 33.8 lb from diet alone. ( 1lb weightloss is 3500 calories)
    You lost 316-199= 117 lb
    117 lb lost - 33.8 lb coming directly from diet = 83.2 lb lost through exercercise
    83.2 lb lost x3,500 calories for each lb = 291,200 calories burned to make that weighloss happen.
    291,200 / 182 days = 1,600 calories burned every single day.

Ok 1600 calories burned every single day exercercising is Insane!!! That means you train like a professional athlete, like its your full time job. To give you an idea about what that is:
    To burn 1600 calories you would need to:
    Run at 5 mph for 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Your result is miraculous to say the least but for everyone reading this, please do not attempt such a loss in this amount of time, it is not reasonable or easily attainable. Only aim for a loss of 2lb a week when you need to loose at least 75 lb. Do not attempt to loose more than 2 lb a week because it isn't considered healthy and should only be done under strict medical supervision.

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story with all of us! Congratulations
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. I agree that 'my results are not typical'. Per my original post, I am no doctor and just wanted to share my own personal journey. I never expected the results I got.

Oh... and I did have a secret weapon for extra calories burned per day. It's a bit personal but I have been breastfeeding up until about 2 weeks ago. Different sites estimate different amounts but some say up to 500 calories per day breastfeeding.

So really, with Daneluza19's math problem there... technically I was only having to do about 1,100 calories or so with exercising. Not really that much. My diary is open. But I do love to be compared to a professional athlete! I did play varsity basketball and run cross county in HS, so it's been awhile but I used to perform at this level in the past.

Here are some examples from my log. Some days I had more and some days I had less. It doesn't take working out all day to have intense workouts.

Typical running day - Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile) (43 mins) 1,082 Calories Burned.

Lunch break bike ride - Bicycling, 12-14 mph, moderate (cycling, biking, bike riding) (55 mins)1,229 Calories Burned.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yep, thank you for the clarification! It all makes sense now. Breastfeeding can use up to 750 calories daily, plus you were starting after giving birth. More power to you for staying so dedicated and focused.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! You look wonderful… keep it up birthday girl! YOu look good now…can't wait to see you at goal.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You are a sexy beast!!!
  • cassiemorris85
    cassiemorris85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I really appreciated this post. Everyone starts out at different place, mentally and physically, so not everyone can have the same results. However, seeing what others go through makes it feel like an attainable goal to others whether their goal is big or small. I am 5'6 and weigh 203. I had a baby 16 months ago and today I weigh what I did the day I went in to labor!! This is tough information to process especially because I never thought I could be this weight WITHOUT being pregnant. I initially lost 15lbs right after she was born but somehow the pounds have just crept back up. Your journey inspires me to really earnestly give myself the chance I deserve to be healthy and happy. For me, for my daughter, for our future. I need to lose about 60 lbs, it seems so overwhelming, but when I read stories like yours and others that are similar, it really gives me the confidence I need. I can do it too! Thank you!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your story.
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job and look great!!!!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome to

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♪♪♪ ø¤º°`°º¤ø ONEDERLAND! `°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` ♪♪♪ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

...where birds are singing and bees are buzzing and rainbows streak the sky....
    ...where (sugar-free) lollipops and lemon drops dot the trees....
    ...where parades of people pass waving streamers shouting "You're the best!"...
    ...where magic mirrors reflect beautiful smiling images of yourself...
    ...where it's truly hard to convey to those who don't understand
    the glorious impossible once-unimaginable expansively grand
    feeling of dancing leaping trumpeting and doing a hand-stand
    because you finally at long last with hard work long-planned
    have entered the gold and diamond-sparkled gates of ONEDERLAND!

Take a life-long stand in ONEDERLAND ! ! !
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look great!!!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! You look really wonderful.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look great!! I am just shy of loosing 100 myself now and have followed the same thing since day 1: exercise regularly and eat in moderation - no deprivation, just moderation. Keep up the great work you look awesome!!
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    Amazing journey and you look beautiful! Congrats!! :)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SO OOBER HAPPY FOR YOU!!! My wife is 3.5 lbs from onederland herself!
  • laura_happy
    laura_happy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration you are to me. Love those leggings!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and you look fantastic! Great job and best wishes to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!