Heavy Balls

Options
You're a sick-minded individual. I like that. Now send me a friend request.

Just wondering if anyone works out with medicine balls and what you do with them. There are a couple in my fire dept's weight room and would like to utilize them, just don't really know of anything to do. Suggestions?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    ahhh hahahahahhahahaha

I cant answer your question!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer either, but I had to open with that title, HAHAHAHA
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try to google stability ball workouts or weighted stability ball workouts...Funny first sentence though:wink:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm dying here! And yes, I'm a complete perv.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    HAHA sent you a request!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I will admit you got me hahaha...I use "heavy balls" while doing crunches but I know there are tons of things you can do with them. Google is your friend!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My brother works maintenance in an area hospital. They once had a complaint from a male patient who said the water level in the toilet was too high because "they" got wet when he sat down.

Yikes.

But I have no answer to your real question.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Yup guitly here, LOL.

I use a medicine ball for russian twists, squats, lunges and when doing crunches.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    lmao

no answer
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I really do have a dirty mind! Here's hoping right!
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    LOL, you're durrrty. Too bad I don't know the answer :/
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Good for lunges, crunches and twists.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

all I can respond with is a "I'm totally, utterly busted." and a LMAO.

*high-five*
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Funny. You got us.

As for the medicine balls, they work great for the abs with the twists (especially if you are laying back on the exercise ball) or standing twists or as a variation of the wood chops. You can also palm it in one hand and do overhead press motion (the instability adds to the resistance) or the ball slams, which you throw it hard on the ground and bounce it back up to yourself. Those can be tough if you use the right size 'heavy ball' :smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Medicine balls can be wicked. Unfortunately, I don't have a current work out partner but when I did we mostly just threw them at each other with the intention of knocking the other guy down. What a blast.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of the exercise on my circuits class is to take a medicine ball, hold it in both hands above your head, and then SLAM it into the floor as hard as you can!

Hope this helps :wink:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot one.

I don't know if there is a name for it, or if it is even a real excersize.... we probly just did it to be mean...
    But lay on your back, hands over your head, and have someone drop it on your stomach.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    You is definitely my friend after that! Request on its way.

I do russian twists with a 12kg big heavy ball. And I also just do a sit up position, half way down and hold the big ball above my head. Thats a killer.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot one.

I don't know if there is a name for it, or if it is even a real excersize.... we probly just did it to be mean...
    But lay on your back, hands over your head, and have someone drop it on your stomach.

Yeah I was thinking this had more to do with ball injury, rather than heavy balls!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    before and after pics?