Can't stay full!!

Options
I need some help with staying full! It is almost 4:00pm and I am already 100 calories over. If I am not eating enough protein will that make a big difference?

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I need some help with staying full! It is almost 4:00pm and I am already 100 calories over. If I am not eating enough protein will that make a big difference?
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep. Protein keeps you full... also, are you eating big meals all at once... space out what you are eating...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    fibre keeps you fuller too. Also make sure you'll drinking all your water, that can fill you up too.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ditto.
    Make sure you are eating filling foods also at times during the days. Whole wheat breads, crackers, pasta... As well as protein.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Oh I drink PLENTY of water (I don't drink anything else except milk) and I eat TONS of bread, rice, and pasta. I was afraid that I wasn't getting enough protein cause I don't eat a lot of meat or nuts or anything like that. Its not that I don't want to or don't like them I am just in the mood for other stuff.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh I drink PLENTY of water (I don't drink anything else except milk) and I eat TONS of bread, rice, and pasta. I was afraid that I wasn't getting enough protein cause I don't eat a lot of meat or nuts or anything like that. Its not that I don't want to or don't like them I am just in the mood for other stuff.

Well, whether you WANT to or not your body needs protein.
    I am like you and my numbers are always on the lower side with protein.
    However, I have learned to "force" more into my diet. With nuts, dairy, etc.
    It's not my favorite, but I do it cause my body needs it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

milk and other dairy products have lots of protein in them too. Just take little steps lik eiff you're in the mood for bread, spread on a bit of PB, if you want salad, sprinkle a few nuts of some chicken on top.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

If you are eating white breads, pastas, and rice....those foods will NOT fill you up. They actually make you hungrier. Opt for whole grains, brown rice, and avoid the stuff that has "enriched flour" in the first five ingredients. Also make sure you eat more carbs from veggies and fruit....the fiber is the key to a full tummy. Protien fills you up too, but I know what you mean about not being in the mood. Its hard to break away from all those bad carbs, you actually go through withdrawls because they are addicting. Its worth it when you do. You are fuller faster, and have way more energy!
  • Emmalouise23
    Options
    What time do you have your meals? Try to have all your meals a tiny bit later than you do to avoid snacking and to prevent hunger so you dont go over the calories.

Try to replace things like butter with light salad cream as that could save you 30-40 calories a time so you could eat something else more filling later on. Try wholemeal as they release energy over a longer period of time to keep you feeling filled longer xx
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Its almost impossible to tell the difference between being dehydrated and being hungry! Crazy, eh? Definately try drinking a big glass of water everytime you get hungry when you think you shouldn't be. Give yourself half an hour and if you are still hungry, then eat, but often times you will find that you are just thristy!