I wonder …...

Options
was wondering "How many industries would go bankrupt if women started to love their bodies as they are and as I do!

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hopefully Beach Body goes first. Then weight watchers. Then Dr Oz.
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I vote Dr. Oz goes first - what a quack... >:)
  • yoovie
    Options
    he is detrimental to society.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    I agree, but WHYYYYYY do so many people watch his show?! I know, that's a rhetorical question. I just can't believe that so many people think he has the "magic" solution to weight loss. Sad.
  • AmandaAnne307
    Options
    They don't just think he has the 'magic' solution for weight loss - they think he has the 'magic' solution for EVERYTHING!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're right.
  • yoovie
    Options
    and there's no magic solution to ANYTHING - so i have no idea how he gets them. Either they are suckers or he is the antichrist.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance but who is Dr Oz?
    I add slimming world to the list
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    and there's no magic solution to ANYTHING - so i have no idea how he gets them. Either they are suckers or he is the antichrist.

Sadly, I don't even think it'd make a difference if they replaced his opening sequence with him admitting before congress that he doesn't feel that any of the products he promotes do anything. Everyone would still watch.
  • Veronnie87
    Veronnie87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anybody hawking raspberry ketones, green coffee stuff, garcinia cambogia (not even sure if that's spelled right), Spanx, WeightWatchers and hundreds of authors of lose-weight-fast-keep-it-off-FOREVER! books...
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Have you seen the ads for his new show where he's doing operations on people? WOW.

• yoovie
    Options
    make it stop
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Doing things "like a girl" would be a compliment.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Why all the hate on weight watchers? Sure, I think MFP provides more clarity and is easier to use, and I think much of the pre-packaged food they hawk is overpriced, but I wouldn't put it in the same category as the other things mentioned here.
  • yoovie
    Options
    not because of their products or program, just their marketing tactics.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    There would be many poor CEOs out there. Weight Watchers, Beach Body, Dr. Oz, plastic surgeons, and every other company/doctor that hates when women don't look like perfection would just fall apart.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hopefully Beach Body goes first. Then weight watchers. Then Dr Oz.

Oz. Definitely, Oz first - all the woo he peddles underneath that perma-smirk... grrrrr.
  • AmandaAnne307
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Sadly, I don't even think it'd make a difference if they replaced his opening sequence with him admitting before congress that he doesn't feel that any of the products he promotes do anything. Everyone would still watch.

That's the truth - ignorance in this case is just ignorance...