Hello to everyone...

:blushing: It is very nice to meet everyone!
I have to say first that I just love this site. I have been using it for only 1 day, but it seems to be very easy and fun.
I live in Phoenix, AZ and I am once again starting the long climb out of this weight gain.
Wish me luck as I do all of you,
Alison

Replies

• :blushing: It is very nice to meet everyone!
    I have to say first that I just love this site. I have been using it for only 1 day, but it seems to be very easy and fun.
    I live in Phoenix, AZ and I am once again starting the long climb out of this weight gain.
    Wish me luck as I do all of you,
    Alison
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Hello, Welcome! good luck!!!
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Welcome!

You can do it - the people here are great!

I am jealous of your Arizona weather...it's quite chilly where I am!

Take care! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Alison, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :smile:
  • Hi friends.....I'm in Tucson Az, and it's like no snow to slip and slide on, ya I visit the snow in the mountains just slipped enough times, thought you all should know, I'm just kidding;) not about the slipping just the whole snow deal.
    I'm down 12pds and am getting a little help from green tea fat burner pills, I tryed without, just plain ol exercise and after 1 1/2 mnths I decided to get some extra helps.
    I don't beleive in diet pills, just had my Aunt tell about these and they really do work, at least keep my from retaining calories from everything I eat, I'm eating lean and the right foods just have a thyroid problem so hey I'm doing the whole weight loss thingie.
    loveme
  • Hi back and thank you for taking the time to write to me!

I have started this diet, yet again, because I had wanted to have the Lap Band done (and yes I qualify), but I work for the State and they do not support that. So here I am again. It is a lot of work to diet, but it can be done! I have had a time in my life when I was able to maintain my weight for about 5 years. Things happened though and now I am at it again.

Thanks again for writing,
    Alison:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you Rachel and good luck to you too!:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you to you too! Don't be jealous, it gets old really fast!
    Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Good Luck! AZ is ok, but I am from NM, but stuck here so sorry :blushing: for the attitude about AZ. It must be hard with a thyroid condition...... This site is so great though and it seems to give a lot of help!
    Take care,
    Alison
  • Hi back and thank you for taking the time to write to me!

I have started this diet, yet again, because I had wanted to have the Lap Band done (and yes I qualify), but I work for the State and they do not support that. So here I am again. It is a lot of work to diet, but it can be done! I have had a time in my life when I was able to maintain my weight for about 5 years. Things happened though and now I am at it again.

Thanks again for writing,
    Alison:flowerforyou:

I understand where you are coming from, But please don't say that you are starting a "diet again" that is why most people fail because "diets" DON"T work. You have to make a lifestyle change. I was all ready to go in for lap band or gastic bypass, Something kept me from it (God maybe) I never had it done, but I had been approved through the insuracne and time off approved at work all was in the bag. But something happened and I did not do it. I could not do it. I said let me try changing a few things first and see what happens. well 75 pounds of later I am sooooo happy I never had it. I feel great and I diod not have to go through a life altering surgery.

I wish you the best of luck and you can do it!! If I can anyone including you can!!!
    read my profile and you will see what i have been through and you can see the pics too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: a dozen flowers to you!!!!