Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I knew exactly what you meant:tongue:

My trainer makes me hold one and run around the gym:grumble:

Then she throws it back and forth with me. There are some awesome ab exercises to be done with a friend. If you know someone.......

you sit feet to feet with legs spread (outta the gutter now:glasses: )

For me I just throw it back and forth because I dont have enough core strength. But before I got sick i was doing it it leaning back wards.

also just lifting it above your head works different muscles than your usual dumbells.

doing sit ups holding a medicine ball is killer.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    just played roulette opening this thread :0)

I used a dvd that has a med ball segment - Kimberly Spreen Combat dvd (med ball, kickboxing adn combat/weighted bar).
    I got mine from Amazon, but netflix may have it if you wanna try before you buy...
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for your heavy balls... Just keep them in a large sack, throw them over your shoulder and carry them with you wherever you go. :bigsmile:
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Very funny! And here I was worried about you for a sec there:bigsmile:

Anyway, I am hardly an expert, but I like to hold the heavy balls:laugh: in both hands behind my head and then extend arms straight out, in front of me, cupping it (haha) at shoulder height, then repeat a million times for triceps. Then hold the ball cupped in both hands out in front of you, raise it up and slightly over each shoulder, alternating, for a bicep workout. To work shoulders, hold the ball in one hand with arms straight out to side and parallel to the floor (think gymnast on the rings) then bring hands together over head, keeping arms straight, and change hands with the ball, then take arms back out to side parallel with the floor. Keep alternating hands. Do this until shoulders burn. For abs, lie flat on floor, holding ball with arms extended above your head. Lift arms and feet at same time, touching at the top, forming a v. Lie back. Repeat a million times. Another tricep one: arms behind you palms facing up, cupping the ball, then pulse upward. Have fun!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    No answer but your title sure got my attention lol
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

all I can respond with is a "I'm totally, utterly busted." and a LMAO.

*high-five*

Me too! :devil:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    find a buddy and toss them back and forth
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    find a buddy and toss them back and forth

That could be awkward......
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Great title...made me click on it! The only thing I have ever used medicine balls for was in the Navy during morning PT sessions. They would have us sit with a partner facing each other and we would do sit ups with the medicine balls. When you lay back you put the ball over your head and when you sit up you pass it to your partner so they can do the same.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My brother works maintenance in an area hospital. They once had a complaint from a male patient who said the water level in the toilet was too high because "they" got wet when he sat down.

Yikes.

But I have no answer to your real question.

You just made me spit out my juice lol

heavy ummmm balls can be used for ab work to add more resistance. Google medicine ball work outs or youtube it.
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No answer for your question....but the title sucked me in. :bigsmile:
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    You can do lunges with them holding them on your sides. Switch each time you switch your lunging foot Or hold over your head while doing lunges. Hold over your head and bring it down and meet one of your feet out in front of your waist. Do push ups on them. Burpees holding them. Twists from side to side while sitting down. Run in place and move it from your chest to overhead back to chest etc. Tons of ideas, try googling it.
  • whittlecj
    whittlecj Posts: 10
    Options
    2 other exercises I use:

put the ball between your ankles and jump the ball into your hands; i.e. throw the ball up with your feet and catch with your hands.

Wall ball - squat with the ball and throw it up against a wall as you come up, catch into a squat, repeat.