Any soon to be brides out there?

Options
Wanting to get in better shape for my wedding next year. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• I am. I've gained a boatload through the planning process. It's time to get serious. I'm a bit terrified that my dress won't fit!

When is your wedding?
  • mcallister1012
    mcallister1012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am in the same boat , I am looking to loose weight for my wedding which is in March 2015. Let's motivate each other , feel free to add :).
  • glogirl27
    Options
    Hi all! I'm also trying to get in shape for my wedding in June 2015. Only 7 more months left...and holidays are coming up :(

I think the sheath/mermaid wedding dresses are gorgeous so I definitely need some motivation to get the body for those type of dresses!
  • meluhknees
    meluhknees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My wedding is in March 2015 too and I'm trying to not stress eating the whole house at this point in the planning process :blush: Would love some friends in the same boat to help motivate each other. Feel free to add me!
  • spulsifer92
    Options
    My wedding is next August :)
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, we don't have a date yet, but probably September 2015. Looks like I have a lot more time than most of you. Lol, we are slackers - we've already been engaged a year and haven't planned a thing!

Anyway, I'm in it for the wedding and also for the long haul so feel free to add me!
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am with you ladies! We had initially planned April 2015 but finances are pushing us back. I need all the motivation, pushing, guilting, water reminders and kicks off the couch you ladies can throw my way =)
  • Awesome! Our wedding is in February.

We can do this. :)

Do you guys have your dresses yet? I start my alterations in November/December! It's coming up so fast, I have no idea where the time went.
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ah isn't this so exciting?? Another March 2015 bride! My motivation to get in shape really picked up after ordering my dress in February. The girl helping me told me to order a 12. I asked her to order an 8 and she freaked out on me. She started yelling in the store that I would never lose that much weight and I am wasting my money. Flash forward 6 months and 20lbs later and the size 8 dress is too big :)

Super excited for alterations to being in January. Just looking to lose those last few lbs and tone up. Feel free to add me! We could definitely use some motivation.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My son is getting married, so I need to lose for his wedding.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August. Feel free to add me ladies!

I need to lose between 40-50 pounds to fit into my wedding dress. Long story short, I lost 80 pounds, got my wedding dress, then gained said 40-50 pounds. Now, I'm losing it again =]
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wow so many in march!! I'm in september (9/12/15) and haven't really started planning other than the weight loss process.

Feel free to add me! I would love motivation from other brides-to-be! :D
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Some of us still have to be proposed too haha but hopefully we are all brides to be haha.. Good luck to all of you beautiful fabulous ladies!
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We're planning on a fall 2015 but if the stress level keeps climbing (read: family), we're going to do an immediate family only elopement style wedding in March.

Needless to say, I can't plan on having a year.... I gotta be ready for March just in case! Friends, motivators, and reminders are more than welcome :-)
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Heya guys, I have a bit more time than most of you! I only recently got engaged (a week or so ago!) and we are planning on getting married late summer or early autumn (fall for the Americans :smile: ) 2016.

I'm aiming to lose 60lbs over about the next year so I'm at my goal weight when it comes to wedding dress shopping!
  • l2013k
    l2013k Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am getting married end of May 2015. Need to lose 3 stone, I went dress shopping the other day and found a fabulous dress so now I am super motivated. Let's do it girls, lots of support all round. How much are people hoping to lose? Well done Casey, do you have any pics of your achievements to spur us all on?
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just had a thought and wondered if there would be any interest in making a group to support us brides to be in our weight loss goals? And somewhere to just chat/rant about wedding planning!

Also if people were interested there could be the option of running weight loss challenges like lose so many pounds over whatever space of time or exercise challenges.
  • dawn_michelle
    dawn_michelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Getting married May 2015, just over 6 months away!! Been engaged for almost 11 months now, got my dress really quickly afterwards and got most of the big plans out of the way... I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, but I definitely don't have the body I wish I did...since getting engaged I've also gained back about 5-10 lbs.. doesn't sound like a lot, but I can notice it, and even before gaining this I wanted to lose more! so I'm hoping to shed some of that fat and tone up! Time to get serious... and it will definitely be a struggle with the holiday season coming up... I have a little more incentive though because I'm also going to be standing in 2 weddings in the summer and next autumn! Good luck to everyone out there, feel free to add me! We can do this...no matter what, we will all fit into our dresses and will look beautiful for our big day :D
  • BridetoBeFall15
    BridetoBeFall15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are getting married in September of 2015! I have already knocked off 20 pounds and am hoping to lose at least 40 more before the wedding. It is definitely not easy, but so worth it! Let's do this!!
  • TFG_em
    TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We are getting married in October 2015! And I've still got 20 lbs to go.