help losing weight

Options
i need to lose 70 lbs before i reach my goal weight. whats the fastest way to do it?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Count your calories and be consistent.
  • PeachBean
    PeachBean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal as you! But there's no /real/ fast way to lose weight. I know, I've tried. ): Keep track of calories and start exercising, start with easy stuff like walking or standing more often and find ways to make your day more active. Adding friends on here really helps a lot with people giving unconditional support.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    count everything you eat.....everything!!!!....get a food scale and weigh all solids...only use measuring cups and spoons for liquids.....exercise as much as you can.....cardio and strength training.....try to exercise at least 30 minutes each day.....best of luck with your journey!!!:)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Count your calories! It is not going to be fast, but if you want life-long results and the only guaranteed way to lose weight and keep it off is adopting new lifestyle habits when it comes to eating and exercising.

Sorry, I dont have a pill to suggest.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit.....
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Read up, learn how to use MFP properly, plan and prepare then execute.
    Loging accurately and maintaining youer deficit consistently plus exercise is a good start.
    You should be interested in healthy, safe and long term not just fast.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about fast. 'Cause here's the thing, you will need to make lifelong changes if you want to keep the weight off after you lose it. And that takes time.
    Having said that, the only way (barring a health issue) is to eat fewer calories than you burn.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Surgery would be the only fast way. However, eating healthy and working out will do it also. Dedication and consistency is the only true answer.
  • beatricelombule
    beatricelombule Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Join a group here, where they set goes on how much weight weight to lose before a certain date. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups
    Count your calories
    Exercise 5-6 days
    Eat less

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    No magic way to do to it. If you had tons of money you could have surgery, but you would put the weight right back on because you never learned the discipline. You didn't put that weight on overnight, don't expect it to come off any faster. Stick to a deficit, log accurately, exercise.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    The fastest way would be to stop eating completely. But that's nuts - so focus on the healthiest way instead. Calorie deficit to lose weight, exercise to make that deficit easier to attain.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Asking what is the fastest way to lose weight is the fastest way to lose your motivation. Patience, concistency, accuracy is the best way to lose weight and keep sane.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Count your calories and set realistic, attainable goals.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

You can start at 1.5 lbs/week and then your weight loss will slow as your deficit shrinks and you get closer to your goal weight.

Stay under your goal every day. Try not to have cheat days, but instead allow yourself to have a "cheat snack" each day, something that isn't "healthy" that you like that still fits under your calorie goal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do would try not to lose it the fastest way, but rather the healthiest way. Be as accurate as possible with logging - I highly recommend a food scale. Log everything you put in your mouth. Get some movement in as often as you can. Have patience. Stick to it. Best of luck to you.