Any good nutrition lists online ?

Options
Hi all, just wondering have any of you come across any good nutrition lists out there ?

I'd love to be able to have a list of the macro and micro nutrients of most of the basic foods, to optimise my diet a little, but wonder if such a list exists ?

I know there are great sources out there like nutrition.self.data (is that right?), but looking things up one thing at a time is a painfully slow process and something I'd prefer to avoid. Likewise, I know there are great books out there, but I have no wish to spend an inordinate amount of time manually typing things also, if I can avoid it, lol.

The ideal would be a nice and detailed table list I could drop into excel and play around with :smile:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ recommendations

Replies

• icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Nothing ? :smile:
  • icrushit
    Options
    Surely there must be something out there..
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    USDA wesbite
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    USDA is probably the most reliable one. I haven't found any other source that is consistently accurate.
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    nutritiondata.self.com appears to be a decent source, started using it recently so YMMV
  • icrushit
    Options
    Sorry guys, none of those otherwise great searchable databases offer some form of convenient list, unless I'm missing something. Any other suggestions ?
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    what about this? foodnutritiontable.com/nutritions/
    You'd only have to look at 26 pages rather than one per food.
    (ETA no micronutrients though, sorry)
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The only other option I can see is to do it 3 nutrients at a time using usda data ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/nutrients/index downloading as csv, then stitching the lists together. Not sure I could be bothered though!
  • icrushit
    Options
    Cheers, those look great. Both look good, and didn't realise you could search by nutrients in the usda website. That looks like it will do for me, and don't mind putting in a bit of homework :smile:

Essentially my intention is to have a readily available list of all best sources of vitamins, minerals, and other micro nutrients, so as to improve my diet a little :smile:

Being able to sort by macronutrients shall be quite handy too, as one thing I would like to do in the near future, is to design myself a little ready-reckoner of common foods, so I can keep track of macros like protein while trying to move away from full-on tracking :smile: