Home excercise ideas

Options
Hey, i'm new here, and made a thread earlier in another part of the forum asking for food advice. However since im too far from a gym, to lose weight im gonna have to do home excercise. Does anyone recomend any that you do? i was thinking of writing down a chart, for example (complete 50 crunches ect) and tick them off day by day, also running. I'm 6'5 and 295 lb. Any help? cheers

Replies

• will77_1977
    will77_1977 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Download sworkit - Great app for inhouse exercises with no equipment....
  • AnchoredinHimfitness
    Options
    Dailyhiit.com
    Dailyburn.com
    Youtube has some good stuff
    There are also a lot of great apps for smartphones
  • AnchoredinHimfitness
    Options
    Bodyrocktv.com
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LeoGuaje7 wrote: »
    Hey, i'm new here, and made a thread earlier in another part of the forum asking for food advice. However since im too far from a gym, to lose weight im gonna have to do home excercise. Does anyone recomend any that you do? i was thinking of writing down a chart, for example (complete 50 crunches ect) and tick them off day by day, also running. I'm 6'5 and 295 lb. Any help? cheers
    I enjoy body weight exercises. The sky's the limit!
    zuqdz0cd9tpx.jpg

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I picked some body weight exercises from nerdfitness
  • beatricelombule
    beatricelombule Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Tae bo, workout DvDs. Walking
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com...I can't recommend their website enough...free videos using minimal equipment for a variety of fitness levels...I use their videos on a regular basis...I actually think I'd go through withdrawal if I couldn't get my workouts in with Kelli and/or Daniel
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    YouTube has loads of stuff :)
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Do a few searches on common household activities you already do or should do. Vacuuming, vigorous gardening, painting, general housekeeping, stacking & splitting firewood, even cooking all earn over 200 calories an hour.

Squats. Holding your core tight and squatting in perfect form should be practiced every day all day. Every time you catch yourself bending over at the waist give yourself a mental reprimand, realign your body into proper squat position and complete action with core engaged. Soon it's a habit and you'll be able to get in your week's squats automatically.
  • kidejaxe
    Options
    If you like dancing watching, dance tutorials on Youtube is cool. Personally I like KPop and Hip-Hop dances because they have high BPM!
  • ShondaBihari
    ShondaBihari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with Cara and suggest FitnessBlender on Youtube. Youtube has a ton of at home exercises. I do a bunch of different ones. I also like Kpop-especially the Hot Minute routine. =)
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have used Jillian Michael's DVD's in the past. I used 30 Shred, it was really good. All you need is a few weights once you get fitter and stronger and maybe a yoga mat. You can start off without or use things like water bottles or milk bottle (or wine bottle like my mum did! Unopened of course). The DVD was great. I got them over the internet. 4 DVD's all together.