My current strategy. Do not weigh for a while. Does anyone else do this?

Options

Replies

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Weighing weekly was not good for me either. I started almost three months ago weighing on the 15th and the last day of the month. I like it much better!
  • phil230532
    phil230532 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great points and ideas!
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As soon as I stop weighing, I put weight on. I need the discipline I think.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    find something that will mean more to you than 20 days on this site. Find a way to decide this is your new life and you'll be better every day for the next 60 years. k? :)
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well, since my scale broke... Not being able to weigh in drives me nuts though!
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea - glad it has motivated you. I'm not sure I could go without daily weighing myself.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. It may be a good strategy for you. Try it out a few more days, and then get on the scale. (you have to test it out) Not weighing myself doesn't work for me because I am the queen of denial. If I don't get on the scale, then I didn't gain any weight. Denial got me an extra 30# over the last 2 years. Daily weigh-ins make me a little overly-obsessive, so I weigh and measure once a week now.
  • phil230532
    Options
    Just got to look at these new comments. Amazing perspectives!
  • adjadj83
    adjadj83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates based on water. If the scale goes up it makes me depressed. I prefer to weigh once a month when I know there will be a loss.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. More often than that is too frustrating. Less often, the anticipation would kill me! I actually toyed with the idea of getting rid of the scale entirely and then only getting weighed when I go to the doc every 3 months. But I really like to see the fruits of my efforts. I DO see changes that are not scale related and I think I need to focus on those more.
  • MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing daily at the moment, can't help myself and still shocked at finding my formula! hopefully i'll back of to a weekly weight soon ;)
  • DingHanna
    Options
    I don't own a scale. Therefore I can only weigh myself when I am in gym and under the eyes of other people. Since I don't want to look obsessed, I only weigh on sundays.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I try not to weight more than twice a day.
  • MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    I try not to weight more than twice a day.

finally someone worse than myself when it comes to the scales :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I did this for a while; instead of weighing myself every 7-14 days, I decided to not do so for a month. I ended up not doing it for three, eating more than I knew I should be, and basically falling off the wagon. Gained 2 kg. So, no, I'm not quite there yet, as I learned the hard way. But I hope I will be soon.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every three weeks or so. I can tell by my clothes whether I am losing fat. I couldn't possibly weigh myself every day, as my weight varies from one day to the next quite a lot. It would not be useful for me. I have lost 28lb so far.
  • phil230532
    Options
    Add another wrinkle to this. I know that my doctor's scale weighs myself and my wife lighter than our home scale. Also, if you are in the market for a new scale, read some reviews and see how many are consistently accurate. Good luck. If I stay consistent on logging calories, then I feel that I can go longer without weighing. The main thing though is to use whichever method works for you!
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Started weight loss in beginning of August have not weighed in yet, too much up and down makes me discouraged.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself the 10 days following my period, pretty much.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I havent weighed for 2 weeks, but normally daily beccause I prefer the information. Do it whichever way suits you.