Exercise and boobs!

Options
Hey everyone... So I have ran into a problem on my fitness journey. I am trying to add more cardio into my workouts. I love Zumba and also would like to start running once I get some more weight off. To be blunt, I have big boobs. Even before I gained weight they were on the large size. At the gym this can be a issue. I can not find a regular bra supportive enough for the gym and a sports bra alone will not cut it. So I have resorted to wearing a sports bra over a regular bra to strap things down. Anyone else have this issue? What have you found works/ doesn't work? Because to be honest two bras are hot and not the most comfortable!

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Honestly you're just gonna have to get used to the girls flopping around while you exercise. I've tried two bras, I've tried specialty bras, lord I think I've tried just about everything but they bounce regardless.

I've just make rules for myself like no jumping jacks or things that might cause me harm :laugh:

I'm just glad mine are shrinking. I've gone from a full 46 DDD to I'm guessing I'm around a 42D now. I wear stretchy sports bras though because It's always been hard to find bras in the stores. (plus with them shrinking it saves money)

Sorry that's not more helpful
  • valeriaj
    valeriaj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure how large your boobs are but I'm a G and i use to do that too. But i just got a the Panache sports bra and its for its for large breast and high impact. i use it when i run and i looove it.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shock Absorber brand sports bras. They're great, if they make them in your size. I usually wear a 34DD, and bought my Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra when I was wearing a 38D. I got it in size 38C because snug is better for running. I have had to adjust the hooks on the straps as I've shrunk, but it is still very effective - little to no bounce when jogging.
  • jennyeden
    jennyeden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the Enell sports bra!
  • SNYDERINSPIRED
    Options
    not an issue for me!! haha (we all trade one problem for another. lol be happy for your bouncy boobs!!) :wink: D

• mbusch2
    mbusch2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd been a gymnast all my life (hello spandex 24/7!) and because of that, the girls were always held in! Now that I"m retired, i'm finding out about this bouncing problem =) I put off running for awhile, until I found the brand moving-comfort. I have the "Juno" bra, and it's been SO much nicer. Supportive, full coverage, fashionable and comfortable.
  • 23kat23
    23kat23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret has some good supportive sports bras. Ones with some sort of underwire built in are the best option
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    gymbugmj2k wrote: »
    I'd been a gymnast all my life (hello spandex 24/7!) and because of that, the girls were always held in! Now that I"m retired, i'm finding out about this bouncing problem =) I put off running for awhile, until I found the brand moving-comfort. I have the "Juno" bra, and it's been SO much nicer. Supportive, full coverage, fashionable and comfortable.

I also prefer Moving Comfort. Wear well, hold up (haha), and last.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    Shock Absorber brand sports bras. They're great, if they make them in your size. I usually wear a 34DD, and bought my Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra when I was wearing a 38D. I got it in size 38C because snug is better for running. I have had to adjust the hooks on the straps as I've shrunk, but it is still very effective - little to no bounce when jogging.

I vote for shock absorber. I'm a 38 G (or was the last time I measured at least). I bought a shock absorber in a 38F. It is amazing at minimizing the bounce. I also got a Glamorize bra for everyday wear in a 38G.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Swim
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I wear a crop top over my sports bra every time.
  • HelloImKelsey
    HelloImKelsey Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem. I don't like to spend a ton on sports bras so I just wear two sport bras. It's much more comfortable than wearing a regular bra and a sports bra. I just use the cheap, 3 pack sports bras from walmart! They're only like, 13 dollars!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I wear a small over an xtra small. Im a 34 C/D depending on the time of the month.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm a D cup that just had a baby o_O Under Armour sports bras are the only ones I've found that keep them where they belong, I run, often up stairs. You have to get the ones with the molded cups that come in cup sizes, not the straight across pullover ones that just come in s, m, l.....those ones suck.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm an E cup and Shock Absorber and Panache sports bras are the most supportive and comfortable bras for us busty women.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Invest in a good quality bra instead of wearing two cheaper ones. I love the Victoria's Secret sports bras. They have many different styles and for the most part keep the girls in line while I'm working out. However, I hate running so I have no idea how they hold up with that type of cardio. I typically use the Arc trainer or the rowing machine so there is little impact. I wear a 34 DDD and they fit snuggly and comfortably. On the weekends I live in workout attire and the bra is very comfortable. Good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I wear 32E and keep them strapped down with max support running sports bras even if I am not running. Most sports bras are only medium or light support, even if they claim to be for higher impact exercises, so you really have to search and make sure you find something that truly is for max support. Lately I have been wearing some by Champion, and they are supposed to fit "D" and "DD" cups...but mine fit in there nicely, lol. (Goes to show that you HAVE TO try them on, just like regular bras, because different brands and styles will fit you differently!!!)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I started as a size 38H. Bought my first sports bra as a 36G - Panache Sport. LOVED it but they're expensive ($68 each) and I shrunk out of it way too fast :( . For a sports bra I currently wear Lunaire Coolmax style 11111 in size 32DDD and it works really well for me (I run, walk and do calisthenics in it). Does give kind of a cone-boob shape but IDGAF, I'm not wearing it to look good I'm wearing it to not give myself a black eye or boob-lash. Best price can be found on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Lunaire-Womens-Plus-Size-Coolmax-Impact/dp/B000J9XJ28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414165717&sr=8-1&keywords=lunaire+coolmax+11111 )
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for Panache sports bras - I normally take a 36FF but I go down to an E cup for my sports bras as it's the only way I feel properly supported when running/jumping.
    I have 4 of this bra as it's so good. You can do up the racer back yourself over the top of your shoulders and it adds extra support at the top of your boobs. Cannot recommend it enough.
    bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/panache-sports-bra/multi-print/pr100mup/
    hope this helps