Reaching calorie goal

Options
Q: Is anybody else having a hard time reaching their calorie goal?

My goal cal is 1900 a day to lose 2 pnd a week. During a normal day I try to watch what I eat but I also make sure I'm actually never really hungry. However I almost never get anywhere close to my goal calories. Even looking at intake (so not net) calories I only get up to about 1500.

Do I actually have to start eating more even though I don't really feel like I need more?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    To help you, you would need to let us know your stats, age, gender, weight, height and opening up your food diary would also help. Currently your entire profile is set to private.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Your NET calories (on your home page) should be as close to the daily goal MFP set for you as possible.

Your REMAINING calories (on your homepage and food diary page) should be as close to zero as possible.

MFP builds in a deficit for you based on the information you gave it: height, weight, lifestyle, goal weight loss, etc.. All you need to do is follow the calorie goals it gives you.

If you're having problems getting UP to your daily number:

Get rid of any low-fat "diet" substitutes and use the real thing.
    Add healthy fats to your food (oilive oil, avocado, nuts)
    Check how much you are drinking (other than water) to see if that is what is filling you up.
    Do I actually have to start eating more even though I don't really feel like I need more?

For many of us, we have trained our brain to send hunger cues at the wrong time. We can't just trust our brain when it's says we're hungry; likewise, we can't just trust it when it doesn't tell us we're hungry.

It's time to retrain your brain to send those signals at the right time by eating healthy portions of healthy foods 4 - 6 times per day.
  • 726kdbailey
    726kdbailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am having that same problem as well