Starting TurboJam/C25K on 5/9/11! Any takers?

Options
Hey there! I just bought TurboJam, and I was hoping I could get some others in on it! I'm going to be doing Couch 2 5K along with it, just to bump it up a notch, but don't feel obligated to do both. One or the other will be just fine...if you want to do both programs along with me, that would be great! Again though, it's not an obligation. I think it would be awesome just to have some sort of support along this journey and see what we can all accomplish. So, if you're game to start some TurboJam action, start in on running, or do both, then join be on the 9th of May! Hope to see plenty of people ready to get in shape and ramp it up!

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    what is couch 2 5k? i have vaguely heard of this but would like more info. any info is appreciated
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to do C25K. I'm game! I have Turbo Jam in my collection, but I'm doing TurboFire now. I LOVE it!!
    I'll definitely be a cheerleader for your Turbo Jam kick off!! :)

always, Tammy
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's a running program that starts you off at a run/walk mix for about 20 minutes, then gradually progresses to have you running 3.1 miles (5K) in 9 weeks. It's designed to help people who have done minimal running before that get into running at a pace that is doable. Google it! It's a good program, should find it on coolrunning.com. I'm very excited to start it, I just can't right now because of the demands of school.
  • wildtrapeze
    Options
    what is this turbojam you speak of hmmm?
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    I've been meaning to do C25K. I'm game! I have Turbo Jam in my collection, but I'm doing TurboFire now. I LOVE it!!
    I'll definitely be a cheerleader for your Turbo Jam kick off!! :)

always, Tammy

Awesome! So glad to have a cheerleader!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i'm in, currently doing power 90, but the workouts are not really challenging me, Gives me a few days to get myself together :)
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    what is this turbojam you speak of hmmm?

Well, if you really don't know about TurboJam, it's a Beachbody program that mixes kickboxing, dancing, and strength training. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard great things. It's kind of a predecessor to Turbo Fire, which uses the HIIT technique to burn off fat. I'm planning on trying that one next.
  • wildtrapeze
    Options
    sounds like death on a DVD! lol!!

Good luck ladies :D
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    i'm in, currently doing power 90, but the workouts are not really challenging me, Gives me a few days to get myself together :)

Awesome. How is power 90?
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    sounds like death on a DVD! lol!!

Good luck ladies :D

Okay, so yeah, it kind of is! I just did the "Learn and Burn" workout to try it out before I start up......holy cow, it kicked my butt! I'm pretty happy about that though
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Blueviolet i am so with you on this, the learn and burn killed me..P90 is ok, kinda boring and i get defeated by the push ups but i will stick with them both
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try TurboJam,,where did you order your dvd?:happy:
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    I've been wanting to try TurboJam,,where did you order your dvd?:happy:

I got it from Beachbody.com...It's a pretty good price and it gives you a bunch of extras besides the workouts. You should go for it!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Blueviolet i am so with you on this, the learn and burn killed me..P90 is ok, kinda boring and i get defeated by the push ups but i will stick with them both

Sounds good! Let's kick some butt!
  • muddmorris
    muddmorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I saw an infomercial on TurboFire and it looked interesting... :-)
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ok just ordered mine lol...should get by next mon or tues...im on week 3 fot c25k... :)
  • imxawesome
    Options
    I've been meaning to start C25K, and I could probably do it on the 9th :) I have school but it's the last week before finals so it should be doable :)
  • elizabethx2
    elizabethx2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I have turbojam in the DVD collection and have not done it in a while. I am excited to get back in shape for the summer and lose weight! I have PCOS and I find that I have exercise twice as much to get any weight loss. I will update on Monday!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    I'm so excited! I finished finals today and on Monday, we start on some TurboJam!
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Yay!! are we keeping to the planner that came with dvds? or are we picking and choosing?? Tried PK&J.. it tried to kill me..