Anyone have issues with Garmin Vivofit not syncing?

I got a vivofit less than a week ago and so far I have *loved* it. Today I all of a sudden can't get it to sync. I emailed Garmin and got a stock response back saying they will get back to me within 3 days. Anyone else have a similar issue and know how to fix it?

Things I have already tried...I have tried syncing with both my computer and the app on my S5 both devices I get a "vivofit could not sync please try again" message, I have rebooted both devices and I have made sure that blue tooth was turned on on my phone and the ANT device was plugged into my computer...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Replies

• salene17
    salene17 Posts: 16 Member
    ME toooooooooo! I am driving myself crazy trying to fix it. I also got mine about 10 days ago, and had finally figured it all out and it stopped working yesterday!
  • salene17
    I turned my phone off and on, and it synced with the garmin app, AND with MFP. do you use your phone to sync? it didn't work until I turned my phone off and back on. I have been trying all day!
  • salene17
    It did NOT sync my workout from yesterday though. it shows up in Garmin Connect, but it did not get auto added to MFP cardio. it did seem to know about the extra burn when it did my 5 week forecast. I really hope this is an isolated incident because I really want this to work!!!!
  • Not saying this is a great fix but I could not get to sync either for several weeks
    I went back in and hit "pair" and went through the same process as the original connection of the device to my iphone
    First attempt did not work but the 2nd time I hit "pair" it did work and now is syncing again. Not sure what is causing the issue but this seems to have fixed it at least for now.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Have you restarted your bluetooth. Mine seems to stall from time to time and turning bluetooth off and back on seems to resolve it
  • YESS!!!!!! It will NOT sync to my phone. As of today. It happened last week as well. What the heck?!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Check out the Facebook Group - Battle of the Fitness Bands . A lot of people have them there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/446393048838552/
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Oh wow, I hadn't realized anyone had replied to this! I ended up turning off my bluetooth and turning it back on and it seems to have worked, I haven't had an issue since.

I ended up getting a response from Garmin a week later (not cool in my book) basically saying to in pair it then to pair it up again. If I can find the email I'll copy and paste it for anyone else having an issue.
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

If you’ve never downloaded Garmin Express, below is a link that will allow you to download Garmin Express, pair your device to Garmin Express and sync it with Garmin Connect.  Once you click on the link below, please click on DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS or MAC.  This will bring you to the Garmin Express page.  Here, you can download Garmin Express.  You will also be able to view links that will provide you information and answer questions regarding Garmin Express.  The links are labeled in blue and should answer questions regarding the use of Garmin Express.

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

If you are using Garmin Express, deleting your Vivofit from Garmin Express then pairing it again could resolve your syncing issue.   

Please try the following steps to delete your Vivofit from Garmin Express.  Once the device is deleted, please pair the device back to Express.

1)  Launch Garmin Express.
    2)  On the top left of the Garmin Express screen, be sure your device is showing.
    3)  On the top right of the page, click on Device.  It may be grayed out, but you can click it.
    4)  Once you are on the Device page, next to the picture of your device, click on Delete Device from Express.
    5)  A new window should appear.  Select Remove from Garmin Connect.  Select Confirm.

To add your device to Garmin Express, launch Garmin Express and you can perform 1 of the 2 options below.  

1)  If you launch Garmin Express on your computer and you do not have any other devices added to Garmin Express, you should be prompted to click on the GET STARTED LINK.  Once you click GET STARTED and your device is connected to your new computer, please Add Device and sync to your existing Garmin Connect account.

2)  If you're able to launch Garmin Express without the GET STARTED link, on the top left of the page, you may see a picture of a device, please click on that box, a drop down should appear then click on Add New Device.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    I have a Garmin Forerunner and I had issues with this earlier this week! SOOO frustrating since I had some PRs on runs! I was able to fix it by completely shutting down my computer and restarting it. After that, it was able to sync fine. I read the thing about uninstalling, but I only wanted to do that as a last case scenario.

Try shutting down your computer the entire way and see if that happens first. GL
  • kattm68
    kattm68 Posts: 1 Member
    second time mine stopped syncing .... reloaded expressas sugested working again
  • Flashgordon60
    Flashgordon60 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you's all for posting your results, I've tried so many time in the last 3 days to re pair my phone to my vivofit and multiple times to sync them and it didn't work. Shut off the blue tooth on my phone, turned it back on and wala it synced. Think I'm getting addicted to this thing, i've had it on my wrist for 3 month's and 4 days and I have walked and worked out a total of 777.2 miles. I love to work out, last winter went to the gym 163 days in a row. :0)
  • NancyBaker6
    NancyBaker6 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm pretty close to throwing mine in the trash. The Bluetooth issue happens far too often.
  • judyl1023
    judyl1023 Posts: 1 Member
    I got my Vivofit 3 for Christmas and it was working great until two days ago. Then it refused to sync. I had to reboot my android phone, uninstall the Garmin app, turn the bluetooth off and on, and restart the Vivofit. I did finally get it to pair again and sync after many frustrating attempts. Not sure of the correct order to do all these steps, but if you are patient, you can probably get it working again. Lost all my steps since the last sync, but the phone still retained all the previous info.
  • LelekBolek
    LelekBolek Posts: 5 Member
    oh man, now I am dealing with this, and it ain't pretty. Thank you for your previous posts BTW, trying to fix it. But frustrating. nothing seems to be working yet
  • coreysweettea
    coreysweettea Posts: 1 Member
    I had the same problem with my galaxy note 4
    After going through the app settings
    Scroll down to you get to (device connection aid) and turn it on may help some
  • glennleeming27
    glennleeming27 Posts: 1 Member
    Same problem with my Vivofit 4 stop syning with Garmin Express and Garmin Connect and all am getting is and error Message it not a device issue it sounds like it's Garmin Software issue with there server and I've only had my Vivofit 4 last then week