been at it for a while not seeing results and want to quit!

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
if thats you i have one word. DONT.

sometimes we can look at other people's progress and feel hopeless as we struggle to loose an ounce a week while they are dropping 5 and 10 lbs a pop, however there are sooo many variants in weight loss that we shouldnt get caught up in that as everyone is different.. also we must consider the other more important things, if you've been exercising and eating right you definitly have made improvements to your health, and thats the more important thing plus maybe you're body has adapted to the changes so you may just need to make some more changes whatever you do not give up, you didnt gain all the weight in a day month etc, for me i gained over a period of about 12 years in small incremints so i know its not gonna go away overnight, but i'm already at my halfway point. i've been stuck here for a min but i'll never quit! ask some of these people with incredible losses here it takes time, it gets frustrating but all the effort is so worth it so please dont quit

Replies

• Jdigaetano
    Jdigaetano Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So. Very. True.

Well said!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and congrats on your weight loss.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have NO intention of quitting but I have been stuck for about 3 weeks. I need to re-commit and up the exercise! I've done well so far and I still have faith that I CAN do this! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So so true! Hard to keep in mind when you are in the middle of it, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just have to keep going!
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for postimg that. I had just posted that I was feeling frustrated and depressed by my current situation. Your words helped. I know that part of my problem is it feels like my whole life spun out of control, and I have been using the weight loss and exercise as my ground. Now that it has plateaued and maybe even slipped back that hopeless feeling is trying to overwhelm me. Bottom line... your words made me feel better so thank you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you are eating healthily and exercising, there is nothing TO quit. It's called life. You are living it, we all have good days and bad days and we all put on and lose weight sometimes, but it's really just all about making the healthiest decisions you can.
  • michelellawrence
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to hear!! Thanks for posting, and congrats to you on your awesome weight loss! It makes sense that it is going to take a while for the weight to come back off, its just hard to stay motivated when you dont see the results you are hoping for! Keep up the great work, and thanks again for the encouraging words!! :)
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Thanks man. I was about to yell at you - stop *****ing, dude, you've lost 30#!! But then I kept reading...

Well said. (Coming from someone who needs to hear it!)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    more awesome by the moment. Let's do this.
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    Nice post!!! I think we all need to hear this, like you mentioned it is easy to get caught up in seeing others losses when our scale isn't moving but when you are doing the right things the scale will eventually move and over all you will feel so much better. 9 weeks I have been running and my energy has gone up, my blood pressure down, my legs look better, inches lost, which are all things to celebrate instead of the number!!!