EXHAUSTED AFTER WORKOUT :(

Options
HELP! I have been moderately working out for bout six months. usually try not to do more than 15-30 min because if I do I feel shakey and exhausted the rest of they day. this is discouraging because I kno I should have some endurance by now. and I also don't give it my all because I am scared of feeling crappy :( some days I feel great or jus a lil tired. but on like leg day or if I work really hard I feel so lucky and jus struggling to feel better the rest of the day I feel like quitting because I am tired of feeling icky :(. any advice please help thank u!!

Replies

• bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    oops I feel so icky**
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Exercise at your own pace and strength. 30 mins of workout should be fine...depending how intensive it is and how often. Eat good and make sure you sleep well :) , good night sleep is important
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Good chance you're either not eating enough, training too much, or not eating enough sleeping enough and resting enough.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    How are you warming up? I never gave much credence to warming up, but I have realized that a good warm up gives me a lot more energy for the rest of the workout. It's about increasing your heart rate enough before you get going, so your muscles have easier access to oxygen. Remember the heart is a muscle as well and needs the same warm up as quads or shoulders - be sure you're warming up until you have to breathe through your mouth at least.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Try eating/drink before/during/after your workout. Feeling exhausted and shaky is generally going to be low blood sugar and/or dehydration. Especially after only 15-30 minutes of exertion.

If that's not it, see a doctor.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I feel realllly shaky after working out if I haven't been hydrating properly leading up to working out. Maybe try to up your liquids?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Eat a little bit before working out, like half of a banana or a few nuts. And remember to stay hydrated!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way. The first time it seems liked it was because I didn't do a cool down after cardio (I feel like I'm wasting time but I understand now that it's important). Then it started again when I dropped my calories so I had to bump them back up a little. Then I started weight training and it happened again. The awesome people here suggested I get more protein. So now I do a cool down, eat a little more, and eat protein right after I work out, all better now!
  • bebenevaeh
    Options
    i do not warm up or cool down mostly because I am lazy lol. I will have to try. I feel like I have done all that I can. I have a pre snack and protein n carbs after. my cals are up to 1700 or more. plenty of protein and I try to get my macros on point. all I drink is water. I sleep plenty and eat plenty. went to doctor and had my levels checked and everything is normal. heart is normal. I don't feel like I am over working and I feel with what little I do isn't going to make any changes on my body fat. :( just frustrating when I do the best I can and do everything right and still feel terrible....grrrr

thank you for the responses :)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • bebenevaeh
    Options
    1700 or more
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    bebenevaeh wrote: »
    i do not warm up or cool down mostly because I am lazy lol. I will have to try. I feel like I have done all that I can. I have a pre snack and protein n carbs after. my cals are up to 1700 or more. plenty of protein and I try to get my macros on point. all I drink is water. I sleep plenty and eat plenty. went to doctor and had my levels checked and everything is normal. heart is normal. I don't feel like I am over working and I feel with what little I do isn't going to make any changes on my body fat. :( just frustrating when I do the best I can and do everything right and still feel terrible....grrrr

Maybe you're just really out of shape and need to consistently do it regardless of whether you feel "icky" the rest of the day.

When I first started I would tire in about 10-15 minutes. Hell, I remember vomiting after a few attempts at the elliptical.

• bebenevaeh
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Maybe you're just really out of shape and need to consistently do it regardless of whether you feel "icky" the rest of the day.

When I first started I would tire in about 10-15 minutes. Hell, I remember vomiting after a few attempts at the elliptical.

Yes but i have been doing this for six months i would think id have enougb endurance and be healthy enough by now. 4-5 days a week since may :/
  • SonicKrunch
    SonicKrunch Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Are you going to a gym or just doing this at home? If you are feeling shaky and exhausted after 15-20 minutes I would take it seriously and have someone take your resting heart rate, then your mid exercise heart rate and then again your rate after a 5 minute rest after your workout. I'd also see if you can take your blood pressure at the same times. If you are eating 1700 calories a day, you should be getting enough to do 15-20 minutes without feeling this way unless you have a medical condition.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Yes but i have been doing this for six months i would think id have enougb endurance and be healthy enough by now. 4-5 days a week since may :/

Do you have blood sugar problems?
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    If you are eating well which Id imagine at 1700 you are eating enough I would chat to your doc and I agree get your sugars checked. I work out for an hour and am shaky after but it lasts til after my bath once I am home generally or if its quite intense after I have eaten then I am fine again. Shouldnt be lasting all day on 15-30 mins exercise unless you are hauling trucks
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I would do as some of the others have suggested and go to see your Dr.
    You are doing some great things including eating a reasonable amount, hydrating, eating the right thing before and after. Your exercise periods dont sound too intense. I assume you arent pushing yourself too hard or over exercising.

I think you would have some endurance a long time ago.
  • bebenevaeh
    Options
    ugh im soo jealous! I went to one apt w the doctor and checked my blood and had heart moniter and everything is healthy. I never went to my follow up to rule anything else out but the common things are okay. My resting heart rate is like 90 a lil high and im usually above range when I workout so with that in mind I try to keep a lower pace. I have literally tried everything and I am running out of things possible!!! maybe im jus a wimp :( but really after this long I should be feeling better :( thank u guys for the replys
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    a shot of whiskey might help.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have post-workout hypoglycemia. My doctor suggested eating something like a half bagel with peanut butter beforehand to fuel the workout, and I often take glucose tablets afterwards because my blood sugar drops and I get shaky and nauseous and can barely move after the workout. Those two things have made working out a lot easier.