Hoping to find motivating friends on MFP!

Options
Hey, MFPers!

I've had an account for a while now, but just started to really use it today. I'm 23, 5'4", 130lbs and looking to lose 20lbs and tone up a little. I have a desk job, so I'm pretty sedentary in the day, which holds me back some. When I started this job 3 years ago, I was around 110lbs, but everyone warned me that I would gain weight like they did if I wasn't careful. Of course hindsight is 20/20, so it's now 3 years later and I'm boohooing about being out of shape!

I've recently started playing tennis again. I play one day a week for about an hour and a half, but I'm about to bump it up to two days. I'm also thinking of rejoining the Y and taking back up my power yoga class. I just really have a problem committing when someone isn't forcing me to go!

My big battle is really sodas and junk food. I normally drink 2-3 sodas a day, and I only eat a healthy meal a couple of times a month. I'm a single female, so I don't have anyone to push me to make these changes to my diet and activity. I finally looked in the mirror Monday morning and realized just how unhappy I am about my weight gain. I used to be the girl that would effortlessly show up guys in an ab contest, but now my only 6-pack is in the fridge! On Monday, I cut out both sodas and junk food completely. I've been faithful to that, but I know it will require much more effort to stay on track.

That said, I'm hoping that I can get to know some of you and that we can motivate and encourage each other through our journeys!

Replies

• Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I sit behind a desk all day too. Happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • Komble
    Komble Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We are around the same age and have similar goals, I am looking for motivation and encouragement also... feel free to send me a friend request, I'd love to help you out any way I can :) Good luck on your journey!
  • plt002
    plt002 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I look forward to getting to know you all! Now I think it's time to add a photo and fill out my profile more, so I don't seem so anonymous!
  • debfittt
    Options
    Let's help each other. You can add me.
  • ejonesy185
    Options
    If any if you would like to add me feel free.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    But we cant see your smile, or find out anything about you! And what are you bringing to the table in return? :D
  • 1pamsnell
    Options
    Congrats on ditching the soda! That's a hard one for a lot of people... please add me as well. My family is not the 'healthy' eating kind and I often cook two meals - one for them and one for me... Having someone to help motivate would be great!
  • plt002
    plt002 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yoovie- I finally got a photo up and updated my profile! As far as what I'll bring to the table...well, I can bring some fat free brownies I've heard good things about! :smiley:
    1pamsnell- Thank you for your support! The sodas are really my achilles heel! And I definitely understand about not eating super healthy family meals. I come from a meat and potatoes family myself. I think if you can find some tasty, healthy alternatives at mealtime, you'll have a few good recipes to switch things up a bit!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    awwww youre adorable!!!!!!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Junk food, sodas and a desk job are what kills me too! Feel free to add!
  • amyjal153
    amyjal153 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need to loose 30lbs.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi all...desk jobber here too..feel free to add if you want.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm a desk junkie as well but try and get a gym visit in daily :) I'm quite a bit heavier with a bit different goals, but love love LOVE to see my friends succeed! Feel free to add me!
  • amyjal153
    amyjal153 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I m stay home mom. I need to loose around 30 lbs.
  • ixtreme
    ixtreme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add an old fart like me :D
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have only had a desk job for 3 months and gained 10 pounds!! I'm here to lose 50 pounds but i would also be happy with shedding 30. Feel free to add me and I will try and keep you motivated!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm on every day and I'm an active support for my friends (liking updates, commenting, showing accountability, supporting)
  • phant99
    Options
    add me!!! In the same boat as you are. Started back up on MFP this month when I got sick and tired of feeling bloated and fat all the time. I gained 20lbs ( from 125-8 to 147) and my fat clothes were getting tight. Since I got back on MFP, down to 138 : ) ultimate goal is 120 but i'll be happy to get back to 130 even.