No appetite

Options
Do any of you go through spells that you just have no desire to eat? I have been like that the last few days, even when I fix something to eat, I eat one bite and then i'm done...anyone else go through this? How do you get over it and stay focused on your goals?

Replies

• LexieDouglas92
    LexieDouglas92 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem ...
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have had this lately too... I am on a Ketogenic diet, and sometimes when my carbs are too low I dont have an appetite. It comes back naturally after a couple of days of my eating too few carbs.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? I went over the last few days of your diary and that is nowhere near enough calories. If your loss of appetite has been going on longer than that, I would suggest talking to a doctor.

Are you fixing things that are appealing to you or just things that you think you're supposed to eat because you're on a diet? If it's the later, don't worry about it. Just eat what you like but in smaller portions. As long as it fits your calories, you'll still lose.

The only time I don't eat enough is when I'm under a great deal of stress but once it passes, I make up for it so it averages out.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont eat during my period. I mean, I graze here and there for 4 or 5 days and then Im ravenous, but yeah, riding the cotton mouse = no appetite.
  • Rachellovesdonuts
    Options
    Yes I am accurately tracking which is why I was getting worried about my appetite...I have never really paid attention to my eating habits, but I have noticed over the past week that I never really feel "hungry". Thanks for all of your input!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Do any of you go through spells that you just have no desire to eat? I have been like that the last few days, even when I fix something to eat, I eat one bite and then i'm done...anyone else go through this? How do you get over it and stay focused on your goals?
    I do, but only after I eat so much that my body just hurts. You know that feeling? It's like you're stuffed, and it's all you can do to lay there and not pass out.
    That's just the best... :)

• hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose weight I am not sure what the problem is with having no appetite?

If you got to be obese eating very low calories and/or are eating very low calories now and not losing go see a Dr. and get bloodwork checked.

If you are eating too little and losing weight as you'd expect go seek out a school mental health assistance to make sure you don't have some form of mood disorder affecting your appetite.

When I am not hungry I don't eat. I'm not going to die if I eat too few calories for a day or 2 here or there. I quite easily have enough high calorie days to average it out.

Why is this affecting you staying "focused on your goals"?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah if I am sick or bored with food. Hunger<>appetite.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What are your energy levels like? If you have no energy, you body may be suppressing your appetite as part of an attempt to conserve. Another explanation is that if you formerly ate several thousand calories a day and now do not, your body may have become accustomed to a reasonable intake.
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No appetite??? Hmmmm wish I had this problem!
  • Rachellovesdonuts
    Options
    Energy levels seem pretty normal...and I was just concerned because I am consuming 800 calories or less a day. I know this isn't what we depict as "healthy", I was just wondering if it was going to hinder my progress.

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hah no, I am always hungry.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My appetite also seems to accompany my cycle. I'll have a week or so of wanting to eat everything I see, then a week of almost no appetite, then a normal week, etc. If it lasts much longer, though, you might want to see a doctor just in case.