zumba?

Options
Has anyone done this that has bad knees? I have had one knee replaced and the other still is painful if "bounced" on too much. Is it mostly jumping?

Replies

• trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    nope, the zumba for wii, is all about shaking your hips, so much fun
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba - you can do low impact but the instructor should ask if you have permission from your doctor to be in the class.

Anyways, once the instructor knows you have knee issues she/her should show you the low impact moves. Honestly it can be as hard and jumpy or as easy and flat as you want it. I did it walking last night coz I had a stitch.

Give it a go and see if you like it!! :)
  • scamp45879
    scamp45879 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at least 5 days a week. Not a lot of jumping/bouncing involved. You can also modify it to do what you are able to do.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What I really loved about Zumba is that ANY fitness level can do it! You don't have to be coordinated or super fit to keep up. As long as you are moving to the music, and giving it all YOU can give it, your going to benefit, and have fun doing it!
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    How do you modify it? I have a wii..thinking about getting it for that. I wont go out to classes because too embarassed. I cant hold any rhythem....lol
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What I really loved about Zumba is that ANY fitness level can do it! You don't have to be coordinated or super fit to keep up. As long as you are moving to the music, and giving it all YOU can give it, your going to benefit, and have fun doing it!

abra526 -- You are so right on that!

I love zumba because it's a nice break in between lifting weights and runing. It's fun to move your hips to the music and shake as much or as little as you want. ;) Give it a go and most instructors ask if it's your first time taking Zumba and I know my intructor asks if anyone new has injuries as well. She tells them to take it easy and go at their own pace. Remember excercising is supposed to be fun :) Hope you give it a try and let us know what you think!
    -B
  • hsquared87
    Options
    I just tried zumba this past weekend and I have Two bad knees and the only thing I noticed was I got a little tender by the end off class. I really loved it and the achy feeling went away soon after class was over. Ice your knees after class to help with any swelling or tenderness.
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks...think I will give it a go!!