Exercise and boobs!

Options
2»

Replies

• Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of sports bras because to me, it seems like I end up looking like I have one big boob in the middle instead of 2 where they are suppose to be. :o I am starting to get old lady saggy boobs and still haven't found one I like that takes care of the whole shabang lol.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    OH I hear you on this one! The problem is real. When you swim, they float into your face, when you run, you feel like you are going to be dragged to theground evertytime they downbounce, when you do jumping jacks, you look like you got into a fight from the black eyes.....I ordered a shock absorber, if it works well ill update :) Good luck!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I run and ride horses and Elle has been my favorite but I can't afford to keep buying them as I shrink so right now I'm wearing two sports bras. I'm definitely going to check into the brands listed here though. Thanks ladies!
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    valeriaj wrote: »
    Not sure how large your boobs are but I'm a G and i use to do that too. But i just got a the Panache sports bra and its for its for large breast and high impact. i use it when i run and i looove it.

^^^THIS^^^
    When I was larger, these kept everything in place
  • heathengirl
    heathengirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm an H and can second the Pachache sports bra, though I do wear a regular cheapie over it as well to help keep things extra locked down. It's not overly comfortable, but it's solid.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I feel like I type this once per week, but yet another vote for Panache. I wear a 38G, so trust me I know about bouncy girls! I run, zumba, and do anything I want in this bra. Even jumping jacks are fine. It has underwire so it will separate and avoid the uniboob if thats a concern. I also own a Shock Absorber which is also nice, and I'd recommend, though I do like Panache better. If you look on Amazon and bare necessities, they will often have sale prices on certain colors. I bought my Shock Absorber ultimate run for like $23 and my Panache for under $50.
  • clamoreaux2012
    Options
    Wow I am so excited over the number of responses on this one. I feel a lot better knowing it's not just me! I normally like to shop at Lane Bryant for my regular bras (just because they are big does not mean I can't have cute stuff). I like the fit, support, and variety there. Depending on the style I get from there, I wear 42DDD/ 42E currently. I had spend $60 on this "great" sports bra from Dick's that was for size DDD... Other than a uni-Boob, it does nothing unless I wear it over a regular bra. Most of my bras, while supportive for everyday wear, are not designed for the gym. In fact one day I actually had sores under my breast from where I had gotten sweaty and the reg bra had rubbed. So sweat and movement are not a good combo. Plus I get hot as hell, I don't care about looking cute at the gym. I just want comfort and support, didn't know that was too much to ask. It is great that they make all this stuff for smaller people, and no offense to anyone, but do they really need an entire dept full of s/m/l gear, when its people my size who need to be in the gym with proper gear?
    I love all the suggestions and will look into some of the stules mentioned. I love hearing the feedback!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra over a regular bra, sometimes 2. It works, so there's no reason to not keep doing it.
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There ARE good sports bras out there that will support big boobs. You don't have to wear two or do any other crazy boob-constricting tricks. I've heard great things about the Panache bra mentioned by several here, but it's pretty expensive. I personally use one by Shock Absorber (it's #4490, but they have others you can try too) because I found it for about $35 on Amazon. Not cheap, but not quite as expensive as Panache. I bought it in 32 GG (thankfully I have dropped a few sizes since!) and I run frequently with no issues. Make sure you are buying the right size though! A Sophisticated Pair's website has an excellent calculator to check your size.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I had to spend a little more money than I wanted to on a sports bra. I got mine from Victoria Secrets. I like how it had a cup size and it literally forced everything to stay in place and made my posture better. But it was expensive and wore out in a few months. Luckily I have lost some boob and I can wear a tight fitting cheap one from Wal-mart to hold mine in place.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm now a 34G. I wear a size down Champion sports bra, with a my size Old Navy sports bra on top. This worked when I was running, no issues.
  • healthyhattie
    Options
    My best mate has huge boobs and she swears by Shock-absorber sports bras! You could also try a sports-top with an inbuilt sports bra over a regular sports bras to double to support??
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Panache sports bras for larger breasts. Excellent support without chafing or uniboob. And by larger I mean DDD and larger. Don't know your size but just a D or DD has many more options.
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    jpapp13 wrote: »
    valeriaj wrote: »
    Not sure how large your boobs are but I'm a G and i use to do that too. But i just got a the Panache sports bra and its for its for large breast and high impact. i use it when i run and i looove it.

^^^THIS^^^
    When I was larger, these kept everything in place

I am in recovery right now, but my previous 32G's used to wear the Panache sports bra. I ran 3x a week (plus two 5ks), zumba'd, walked and lifted in it with no problems. Highly recommend the Panache.