Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

sports bras?!?

beautifulnow
beautifulnow Posts: 307
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I have just ordered all kinds of work out dvds and poped on in and was SO excited and then realized I dont have the proper support. I have very large breast and I am finding that they hold me back. I know I cannot be the only one that has had this issue so if you know a website or a store or anything that would offer a GOOD and SUPPORTIVE sports bra for a 38 DD woman PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!

Replies

• I have just ordered all kinds of work out dvds and poped on in and was SO excited and then realized I dont have the proper support. I have very large breast and I am finding that they hold me back. I know I cannot be the only one that has had this issue so if you know a website or a store or anything that would offer a GOOD and SUPPORTIVE sports bra for a 38 DD woman PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Champion makes a decent one, but you have to make sure to get Max Support b/c they have different levels (said from experience :grumble: ) I got mine at Kohls for about $30 on sale.
  • cerfin
    cerfin Posts: 41
    Enell Sports Bras. The best.:smile:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Victoria's Secret makes a great one, and I can't remember the name. I saw it once on Oprah and they said that you can run and jump up and down and your ta-tas won't bounce AT ALL! I also have a larger chest and when I can't afford a good expensive one, I just wear 2 and that works for me!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    I found mine at OLD NAVY and I love it.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    I got mine at old navy too for a good price and cute colors, but I don't know about size... They have an S, M, L, XL and XXL... I wear a 36C and wear a L in their bra... hope that helps

I LOVE mine...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/30196-sports-bra

Check out the link above, and the link I posted in it to purchase the enell.

Trust me on this one.:flowerforyou: It's like not having breasts. Seriously.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Enell Sports Bras. The best.:smile:

I'm a 38DD too and I LOVE my Enell!
  • Victoria's Secret makes a great one, and I can't remember the name. I saw it once on Oprah and they said that you can run and jump up and down and your ta-tas won't bounce AT ALL! I also have a larger chest and when I can't afford a good expensive one, I just wear 2 and that works for me!

Same for me, I just wear two.
  • AHH I just ordered the enell and I am so excited! I cannot believe I spent that much for a sports bra though :blushing: I am sure it will be worth it though?!?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    AHH I just ordered the enell and I am so excited! I cannot believe I spent that much for a sports bra though :blushing: I am sure it will be worth it though?!?

Getting the girls not to give you black eyes while exercising will be money well spent!:laugh:
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    I used to be a bra expert for a specialty running store in CT. So, naturally, being a large chested girl myself, I know a lot about the topic. The biggest mistake women make, is trying to get "the girls" to fit in an over the head sports bra. Unless you are a small a-b cup, or plan on standing still for excersize, it is NOT enough support. Any large c and higher cup size needs to be in a close back, molded cup or underwire sports bra. Moving comfort is by far my favorite brand for full support. I love the Fiona because it hads no underwire and easily adjustable straps. The seaming inside creates the support, along with the band. Second it has moisture wicking material so it limits uncomfortable chaffing from sweat. Moving Comfort also makes a bra with underwire called the Mia, if you feel more supported in that kind of bra. Really you need to try some different options/brands. Do the jump test, nobody wants to get knocked out from having little support. Make sure you fill the cup, no quad-boob action or extra material. Also, don't let the straps be so tight the you cut off blood flow from your arms. The support is really supposed to come from the band. You will have to play with sizing, because they don't fit like normal bras( which means it is ok to go up in band or cup sizes and vise versa). If you have any other questions, please feel free. I have not tried the Anell bra but have heard good things.

~nicole :smile:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    AHH I just ordered the enell and I am so excited! I cannot believe I spent that much for a sports bra though :blushing: I am sure it will be worth it though?!?

I couldn't believe I spent that much either! You'll love - and appreciate it - though :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    so when you all started talking about this Enell bra I had to go check it out because I have this bra that is alittle to small now :grumble: but hopefully soon it will fit. But anyways, when Oprah said your girls don't move I had to check out my bra were my girls don't move and sure enough it's an Enell. I was liucky enough to nanny for a family were the mom worked at a dot com for womans only workout gear and they had samples that fit me so I got it for free. :bigsmile: . I absolutely love this bra and wear it even though it's to small.
  • I actually went to the Bay (Canada) and tried out a brand called "Shock Absorber"
    If you go on their site: "http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/"

There's a place where you can see the technology on their stuff and how it helps ... they even have a visual demo for different breast sizes!

It's a bit expensive, but I bought a tank top with built in support. I LOVE IT! :heart: Totally worth it.
    I got it when Bay has their crazy sales, for a good price of $28!
This discussion has been closed.