1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 16-ounce package shredded coleslaw mix
1 large apple, diced
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
In a large bowl whisk together olive oil mayonnaise mustard lemon juice hot sauce sugar and salt add coleslaw mix and apple and toss until evenly coated sprinkle with bacon and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve

Replies

• misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    :) yum
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    You had me at "bacon"...
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Yum! thanks!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    bump
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    what's funny is these aren't even healthy recipes...he's just copying them from some website...

Why do you think this is unhealthy??? Guess what? People here do copy from a website..This man was a well respected chef for 40 years, so before you bash him, he knows what he's talking about and has a large following...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Gsdlovers wrote: »
    what's funny is these aren't even healthy recipes...he's just copying them from some website...

Why do you think this is unhealthy??? Guess what? People here do copy from a website..This man was a well respected chef for 40 years, so before you bash him, he knows what he's talking about and has a large following...

Yes but the people that do copy from a website give credit to the original source. His following is full of those that don't think plagiarizing is a bad thing.

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    When it comes to "healthy", that is SUBJECTIVE. Not everyone is on here trying to lose weight. Not everyone here restricts calories to the point where they can't have a treat or make something that someone else might consider "unhealthy".

And if you are restricting calories, look for a way to tweak the recipe to your liking. I like this recipe, but personally would try it with greek yogurt and turkey bacon. Why? Because this recipe looks good, and I want to try it, but I also want to lower the calorie content. So instead of whining at the OP, I use my creative imagination and substitute. :)

Happy friday folks. And thanks for the recipe!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Recipe is attributed to Mr Food.

You can see the recipe here: http://www.cbs58.com/features/mr-food