Ladies around 5'10" to 5'11" - What are your goals?

Replies

• fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    I'm 5'10.5. Started at around 180lbs..currently 143lbs . I did get down to 138lbs and that's where I felt most comfortable so aiming for that again , but I do have a small frame (but big hips)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    5'11. SW: 215. CW: 165. GW: 149, unless I start a cut/bulk cycle. If I do that, I'd probably get down to 135 and then bulk back up to 149.
    Fitness-wise, I want to do a chin up and bench press 100 lbs. I've lost a lot of lean muscle because I hateee lifting but I've got to get back to it. I love cardio/sports/dance.
  • RockAShelley
    RockAShelley Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am 5'10" SW: 247 CW:216
    1st goal is 199.9lbs (just wanna be under 200)
    2nd is 180lbs
    3rd: Undetermined

When i started this i just wanted to lose weight so I could look pretty be able to wear designer clothes. Now that i've gotten into it my desires have changed. I dont just want to be thin enough to wear pretty things I want a more athletic build so whatever weight i land at to have the look im going for is where i will stay
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    I'm 5'9". Starting weight was 210. My goal and current weight is 150. I'm currently on maintenance and focusing on fitness goals. I've taken up lifting and plan on building strength. After 3 months, I plan on re-evaluating at which time I may decide to do a cut/bulk cycle. I'm also focusing on flexibility, so I'm doing yoga and stretching routines at least 15 minutes a day (up to 60 minutes). I would take measurements and photos every month. They are such a better tracking tool (and more fun!) than the scale.
  • I'm 5'10
    First go-round I started at 230lbs and got down to 135lbs
    Then got pregnant
    Am now back here, started at 203lbs and am currently at 160lbs. My goal is 155lbs
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    My goals are similar. My first goal is 225... I'm close! The next goal I'm going to set is 190. Hopefully I will be able to stick to it!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    I'm 5'9. I started at 243 lbs (this time). My long term goal is around 160.

Two years ago I got down to 178 and was on track to get to goal. The I got pregnant and used it as an excuse to let it go. And boy did it go. Now I'm back here to get back where I was.
  • HLMProducts
    HLMProducts Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'10" and weigh 284 lbs (still can't believe it), and I consider my goal weight to be 180. Being tall helps hide a lot, but it doesn't change the facts. I was not overweight until my late 20s, and before that was happy with 175-180, although my lowest adult weight was 148 lbs and I was too thin. I am really looking forward to being tall and slim again, or tall and a bit curvy still, whichever FEELS best. :)
  • ijennyl
    ijennyl Posts: 2 Member
    Raysmyth great headline! I am 5'11 with an average weight of 220lbs. However since I just had a (13lb) baby I am currently 230lbs. I have started feeding my baby regular food and with the reduction in my breastfeeding schedule (nursing burns A LOT of calories) I am very concerned I will start packing on the lbs.

My ultimate goal is to reach 170lbs and see from there. I weighed less in high school but am 33 yrs old now and would perfer to maintain a more shapely body.

P.S. I tried to add you but my screen read error?
  • ijennyl
    ijennyl Posts: 2 Member
    A second important thing to note is not just height but maybe bone structure as well? Even though we fall into the same height category 140lb might look ideal for a smaller bone structure but underweight for a larger one. Just a thought :P

I have a large structure with a goal of 170lbs. I start looking bone anything under 160lbs.
  • Rhondac728
    Rhondac728 Posts: 6 Member
    raysmyth wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

What are your weight loss goals? What is your goal weight? Do you have fitness goals? Just curious about the tall women or there. I am 5'11"

Please feel free to add me! I am looking for supportive friends! I have some great ones now!

My starting weight was about 275-280 lbs. My current weight is 234 lbs! My first weight loss goal is 190 lbs. Then, i will aim to land between 170 and 155 lbs. Hoping to get there via fitness goals more so than focusing on the number on the scale. What about you all?

• Rhondac728
    Rhondac728 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello! I'm 5'9" with very long legs.,,so I appear to be taller. I was 234...currently 225 with a goal of 190 which would put me in a size 12.
  • Toshad84 wrote: »
    I am 5 '11 I started at 328 pounds I am now 288lbs my goal weight is 160-170lbs. At the very lowest maybe 155 pounds. I don't want to look sick

You are my height and about my starting weight . My goal is 200 first I want to see how I like being at this weight . Then I will make another goal of 150 that's what I weight 22 years ago before my son . My hubby might not like me that thin but he will deal with it lol . Best of blessing on your Fitness Journey !

• So when I hit my full height at 16 I was about 170lbs and thinnish with slight muscle.
    My goal right now is to get back to about 180 but I'll be more focused on body fat percentages as I get closer.

I'm 6', started at 307 and am currently 273.9.

Way to go !! Keep up the great work !!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    hi. I AM 5 FT 10.5 INCHES. Got up to 161 and felt fat. Now at 152ish 3 months later. Feeling trim, but not the svelt that could be wonderful. Now is when I usually self sabotage, but reading these with goals of 140 could save me. I read that self sabotage as you near a goal can somehow be helped by changing your mind to "it is ok to exceed my goals". Once on nutrisystem I got down to 126 and felt I looked absolutely fantastic. That time I quickly self sabotaged. I would love that "I look really svelt and willowy". The only thought I have that is self=sabotage about this is that I am old, and also look even more wrinkly in the face as I lose weight. Anybody got a change of mental attitude about the willowy but wrinkly problem?
  • mahoneycab
    mahoneycab Posts: 11 Member
    It's nice to see a thread for tall women. I'm 5'10. My SW was 230 and am currently 222.4. I would like to hit 190 first, then eventually try to aim/maintain at 170/175ish. One of my fitness goals is to run a 5k this year with my husband. If any one would like to add me, please feel free.
  • ppete127
    ppete127 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 225. I lost weight previously and got down to about 180. That was a good weight as I too have a larger frame. I thought I looked terrific but fell of the wagon! I caution going too low on weight just for the number. Look at key numbers like blood sugar cholesterol etc to see where your healthy weight is. I also know exercise is key so I'm trying to get in 1/2 to 1 hour a day.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    I'm 5'9'' and 27. I want to be around the 160 to 175 range. I'm thinking on the 175 because I'm broad shouldered. I'm currently 213.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Bumping this thread (I posted my stats on page 1). All you talls should add me. I'm 5'11 and now I'm 6 lbs away from my goal. SW: 215. CW: 155. GW:149. May have to change my goal weight to be lower. Doubt I'd go below 139 though.

I think it's really interesting how wide the range is. Most answers have been a goal of "145-175, which is a HUGE range due to how tall we are, I think.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    i'm 5'10" and my goal is to weigh ~175lbs.. i have about 15lbs to go (already lost ~30lbs). however, while i want to see the numbers drop on the scale i'm also very focused on losing body fat and sculpting muscle.