Juicing ideas?

Options
Hey guys! I just recently purchased a juicer & it arrives tomorrow! I was thinking of adding mainly veggies & berries to it.. but need more ideas. I have yellow squash, zucchini, plums, clementines, berries, & bananas. I would only add about a third of the banana because I'm trying to keep my sugar low. 1 banana has 15 grams of sugar!!

My question is what other veggies should I add?! Any answer will do.. even if it's exotic, as long as I can buy it at Food Lion or Walmart.

I'd highly appreciate it!

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Why low sugar? Do you have a medically diagnosed problem where you need to have a low sugar intake?

If so, Google "Low sugar juicing ideas" or something.

If not, juice whatever you want.... juice your cat if you have one.
  • thefoodaddict
    thefoodaddict Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Why low sugar? Do you have a medically diagnosed problem where you need to have a low sugar intake?

If so, Google "Low sugar juicing ideas" or something.

If not, juice whatever you want.... juice your cat if you have one.

My cat should add lots of protein.. thanks! haha. & diabetes runs in my family, so I cut sugar to 45 grams a day. But when I'm juicing I might not even count it. Idk.
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Take the fiber that comes out of the juicer and add it back into your drink. It's good for you and will help you poop

The juicer I bought is top of the line.. it doesn't take out fiber.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I thought that's what a juicer does, takes out the fiber...I'm no expert though. For blended (not juiced) drinks, some of my favorite veggies to add are cucumber, carrots, beets, beet tops, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, and spinach.
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I thought that's what a juicer does, takes out the fiber...I'm no expert though. For blended (not juiced) drinks, some of my favorite veggies to add are cucumber, carrots, beets, beet tops, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, and spinach.

Not this one. It keeps the fiber... the tray you empty out barely has anything in it. & thanks for giving me ideas!! :)
  • itsfeast4dabeast
    itsfeast4dabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just recently purchased a juicer & it arrives tomorrow! I was thinking of adding mainly veggies & berries to it.. but need more ideas. I have yellow squash, zucchini, plums, clementines, berries, & bananas. I would only add about a third of the banana because I'm trying to keep my sugar low. 1 banana has 15 grams of sugar!!

My question is what other veggies should I add?! Any answer will do.. even if it's exotic, as long as I can buy it at Food Lion or Walmart.

• itsfeast4dabeast
    itsfeast4dabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I add bcaa, vitamin c and multi vitamin caps to mine :)
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Betroot, carrot and orange.

Cucumber, tomato, radish and apple.

Tomato, carrot, spinach and apple.

Celery!

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    do you have a juicer or a blender? what is the brand and model of your juicer?If it's a true juicer, you can't juice bananas or avocados... but if it's a blender (nutrabullet, ninja, vitamix are all BLENDERS) then you can use bananas and avocados. My favorite juice has:
    1 green apple
    1 orange
    1/2 lemon
    a thumb size hunk of ginger
    a small bunch of kale or other greens (about equal to 8 cups chopped?)
    a cucumber
    two celery ribs
    a couple of carrots or half of a sweet potato.

DELICIOUS and refreshing.

also sometimes I add chia seeds to my finished juice and wait a few minutes for them to hydrate a bit before drinking.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My usual juice:

2 stalks of celery
    1 carrot
    1/2 cucumber
    1 small apple
    1 small piece ginger (ginger makes it so delish!)

Sometimes I add a handful of kale or spinach. Sometimes blueberries.

You should try one sweet potato and one pear, then blend it with coconut or almond milk (I use vanilla coconut) and add a little nutmeg to the finished juice, it's like a dessert!
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    Thank you all for ideas :) I have the Jack Lalanne juicer, & you're right it doesn't do bananas or avocados as they contain no juice. I did have a blender but no one was using it so it's packed away.. it was loud anyway. But I'm DEFINITELY trying yalls recipes!!
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like beet and carrot juice, 1 beet and 3 carrots.
    spinach and green apple, 1 apple, 2 cups of spinach
    1 red bellpepper, 1yellow bellpepper and 3 carrots, all very good.

How long are you planning on doing this? Are you just adding fruit and veg to your diet while eating food b/c it can get $$$$$ after a while!
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    marie3221 wrote: »
    I like beet and carrot juice, 1 beet and 3 carrots.
    spinach and green apple, 1 apple, 2 cups of spinach
    1 red bellpepper, 1yellow bellpepper and 3 carrots, all very good.

How long are you planning on doing this? Are you just adding fruit and veg to your diet while eating food b/c it can get $$$$$ after a while!

I have no problem with the money for it. I'll be spending about $200 a month & that's nothing. Nobody else in my house eats healthy so it's all mine. I do this on weekends, or as much as I can because I'd rather just drink my meals. It's easier on my stomach.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Buy the juice bible... Great book, I love celery,green apple,cucumber and a carrot... my go to juice.
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    Great! Thanks :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Orange and carrots go amazing together.
    My mother in law made a juice out of beets and carrots that was so delicious.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Buy the juice bible... Great book, I love celery,green apple,cucumber and a carrot... my go to juice.

This is one of my favorite combos too.

• bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love my juice i have been doing it of and on for years i will do it for a few months then i don't for awhile just depends on how i am feeling and i find in the summer i drink them a lot more . I myself limit my juices to one fruit and then the rest veggies like celery,cucumbers,kale,beets and tops,Fennel,broccoli,cabbage,carrots,spinach,Chards,lemons and limes if you are trying to stay away from sugar limit the carrots you use also . Have you ever herd of Chris Karr she has some amazing recipes just google her .
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My favorite is carrot with flat leaf parsley, an apple, kale, and a knob of ginger.