What workout tools can you not live without

Options
2»

Replies

• Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am considering a Heart Rate Monitor but I am not sure what they are used for and which ones are good. I would like one that is waterproof as I like swimming and watersports. Any suggestions?

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I know a lot of people on here have the FT7 and say that they like it alot. It runs around $109.95 and if you find online coupon codes you may be able to save more off the price of the HRM.

I just purchased a Polar FT40 last week with free shipping and it arrived overnight from heartratemonitors dot com (I have used them in the past for my old hrm and a pedometer) and also found an $10.00 off total online code as well to help with the price of the HRM.......

The FT-40 has the Polar Fitness test which measures your aerobic fitness at rest and tells you your progress.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mint gum (I'm so glad I'm not the only one!)
    Water
    iPod
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Opps, I forgot my favorites in my post above :ohwell:

Ipod
    My new HRM
    My treadmill
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ipod, interval timer and jump rope. Never go to the gym without them.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    ipod, interval timer and jump rope. Never go to the gym without them.

What interval timer do you use?
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mint gum - my ultimate must have!!! (strange I know, but...)
    iPod
    A good hair tie
    sunglasses and sunblock
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    My log
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Mint gum - my ultimate must have!!! (strange I know, but...)
    iPod
    A good hair tie
    sunglasses and sunblock

Yikes chewing gum during a workout is a good way to choke!!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Currently I am in love love love with mika yoga wear! Mostly for hot yoga and the pole classes, but I also like walking around my husband in the shorts.

Oh and I go to pole and lap class with my hair blown out and water proof mascara on.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My iPod, my shoes, my sports bra.

I absolutely cannot exercise without music.

Since those last two things are already in my locker at the gym to begin with, I'm never at risk for having an uncomfortable workout. Haha.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    -Heart rate monitor
    -Remote control for the TV while I use the elliptical and treadmill :)
    (I guess call me a couch potato, but at least I am exercising for 1 hour, LOL)

So funny!!! I do the same thing. I have my "can't miss shows" and use my stair stepper at the same time--then during the commercials I add a little weight training for my arms too!!!
  • 1shep1
    1shep1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info. I'd like a waterproof one as I do a lot of swimming and aquafit.

Appreciate the info - cheers :)
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My bike is the only piece of equipment I consistently use. Otherwise I just roam around the gym sometimes.