4 months into my journey.

Options
pnz4x1lyit35.jpg

About 4 months ago I randomly stepped onto a scale. To my horror I weighed 275 lbs. Now I've always been fat. I was a fat child that turned into a fat teenager, and proceeded directly into a life as a fat adult. The lowest I remember being as an adult is 210. I'm about 6" tall. So I felt good at 210. I could fit in a size 14. Which I thought was incredible. I was 210 when I met my now husband/father of my children. Now my husband has always been in good shape. I on the other hand became a little lazier after we met. We were always doing stuff together. So I ate really poorly, and shot up to between 240 and 250. I was that size for years. Until I got pregnant with our first so. Kieran was 9 lbs 7 oz, and I actually lost weight for the first half of my pregnancy. So, basically I gained what I lost. I left the hospital basically the same weight as before I got pregnant. It was after the baby I started to gain weight. I was just sitting around with him all day. Motivation was definitely not my friend. About 2 years later I had Our second son Riley. Same story... I sat around with my boys doing nothing for myself. Fast forward to 4 months ago. I hit 275, and decided it was time to find that motivation I've never had. I got a Wii Fit from my mother in law for my birthday. Started using it for a 1/2 hour a day then a full hour. I also joined myfitnesspal, and learned so much from the message boards. Started using a cross training app called Sworkit a few days a week. I've started walking a lot. Sometimes up to 6 miles a day. I've completed the first week of C25K, although I'll probably have to start over since my kids, and I are sick. So, I haven't run in almost a week. I've lost 37 lbs so far. I know this is just the beginning of my journey. I really feel like I've made a lifestyle change. I don't deny my self the foods I love. Just the quantity of which I used to eat. I'm finally seeing a change in the way I look, and all my clothes are too big. I couldn't have made this change without all of you. The support on this site has always kept me more motivated than anything. Thank you all for being on this journey with me.

Replies

• loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you look great keep it up!!! I need to find your motivation im really lacking in that area right about now!
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Keep up the good work!! :mrgreen:
  • m2921
    m2921 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great, such a big difference between the pics. I have two young kids too (2 and 6 months) and I find it much harder to eat well and find the time to exercise as a stay at home mum. It's really nice to see a success story from someone in similar circumstances, you've done brilliantly. Thanks for sharing it helps me to keep going.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Congrats!
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    m2921 wrote: »
    You look great, such a big difference between the pics. I have two young kids too (2 and 6 months) and I find it much harder to eat well and find the time to exercise as a stay at home mum. It's really nice to see a success story from someone in similar circumstances, you've done brilliantly. Thanks for sharing it helps me to keep going.

The wii fit is so convienient for days I can't get out of the house. I highly recommend it. Some of the stuff on there is so fun I forget I'm exercising. I especially love a game called puzzle squash. It's super fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!