Would like to be veggie/vegan but need recipes to keep it interesting.

Options
Said most of it in the title. I would LOVE to be completely veggie, vegan if possible. I do enjoy cooking so wouldn't be averse but I love variety so need some recipe ideas to keep it interesting and get my husband on board eating the same stuff. Any suggestions/links?

Replies

• lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat a plant based diet and vegweb.com is wonderful for vegan recipes! I would say about 99% receive hubby's stamp of approval. :smile:
  • ditditdee
    ditditdee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Magazine has a bunch of great recipes (both on their website and in the magazine) as well.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    New Vegan as of the beginning this month .. search the interwebz! I found sooo many new recipes :smile:
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pinterest -- you may fall down the rabbit hole following all the recipe leads on Pinterest!

My bible for vegetarian (not vegan) cooking is Deborah Madison's "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone." What I like about it is she explains the ingredients, so there's a little more basic how-to rather than just recipes.

I'm not vegetarian, but I love vegetarian foods. There are so many good recipes out there. You will have no problem finding enough to keep it varied!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love finding vegetarian Indian recipes - usually full of beans and lentils and flavor. I swap coconut cream for the dairy cream to make it vegan (olive oil for ghee, etc). Google could help there. Also try googling lentil loaf - it's a great vegan alternative to meatloaf. Cashewloaf is amazing, too. When I was vegetarian I also ate a lot of veggie stir-fries with beans, and lots of thai recipes (no fish sauce, swap tofu for meat).

Oh, and this is my favorite vegan mac'n'cheese (these days I add a little white wine and caramelized onions to it).

http://babystuffilove.blogspot.com/2013/01/recipe-gluten-free-vegan-macncheese.html