Low calorie coffee creamer/flavor

Options
I really enjoy my coffee in the morning, but don't really want to use the regular creamers you find at the grocery store. Any other ideas to give great flavor? I guess another option would be to buy flavored coffee.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    flavored coffee + almond milk = pretty darn good. Add a little bit of coconut oil for creaminess if needed, I've heard (not tried). Personally I drink it black now but before I weaned off to black coffee I did the flavored & almond milk route and enjoyed it.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I switched from non dairy cream to vanilla flavored almond milk at 30 calories a cup! I love it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    flavored coffee + almond milk = pretty darn good. Add a little bit of coconut oil for creaminess if needed, I've heard (not tried). Personally I drink it black now but before I weaned off to black coffee I did the flavored & almond milk route and enjoyed it.

I love coconut oil blended through my coffee. Not sure why it needs to be low calorie- coconut oil isn't a low cal option, buts a different alternative to dairy. Personally, I think almond milk in coffee is cack!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I love coconut oil blended through my coffee. Not sure why it needs to be low calorie- coconut oil isn't a low cal option, buts a different alternative to dairy. Personally, I think almond milk in coffee is cack!

Too each his own...
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't do flavors in my coffee - but Land O'Lakes Fat Free Half and Half is pretty decent. I like it.
  • kstandridge
    Options
    Personally, i try not to eat "fake" food, so i stick with regular half and half, just limit the amount.
  • beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love the almond milk as well. I buy the sugar free flavored syrups like Davinci or Torani and put that in there for any flavor combination I want.
  • debilee12
    debilee12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to use a small amount of half and half, then some mornings I will put about a 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder in it. Absolutely luscious!!
  • McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dollar tree has zero calorie coffee flavor syrups. Vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel. That plus something like almond milk would be good and low calorie. Also a squirt of reddi whip as one squirt is pretty low cal.
  • GetReal03
    Options
    :D
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened coconut milk with a sugar free torani flavored syrup. You just have to figure out what you like the best, there are lots of options!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Personally, i try not to eat "fake" food, so i stick with regular half and half, just limit the amount.

that plastic is just so gummy and sticks in the back molars- I'm with you on that one.
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the half and half suggestion. 2 TBS only 40 calories and it gives it the right "feel".
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    18% cream all the way

Or.....International Delight Cinnabon Coffee Creamer <3
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I usually use 2% milk and stevia if I want to sweeten it.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not creamers, but I like Capella flavor drops. I get them online and they are calorie-free. And cheaper than the syrups.
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What are these Capella flavor drops you speak of???
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ncscott11 wrote: »
    What are these Capella flavor drops you speak of???
    Google search is your friend, my dear. I would paste the link but would probably be spam-flagged.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Davinci SF Syrup. "Slurps"
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Flavored Stevia drops. NOW foods has a bunch of good flavors.