5'6'' ladies (or thereabouts)

2»

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm 5'6'' and eating at 1370 right now. I started back in January and for the first few months ate at 1200 and ate my exercise calories back, then switched to 1400 and didn't eat my exercise calories back. Both worked equally well. Right now whether or not I eat them back depends on how hungry I am. I don't do loads of exercise at the moment anyway.

At 1370, when I properly stick to it, I lose 1lb a week.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 148lbs (from 215lbs a year ago). Target is 145lbs and I think I'll look and feel about right at that weight. My calorie target is 1700 per day and I do eat my exercise calories back (measured with a HRM, not MFP). I'm set to lose 0.5lbs/week, and am actually losing a bit more than that on average.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm 5'5" and ~145lbs, typically eat 2000-2500 cal/day
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    5"6, weigh around 130. I'm eating around 1400-1800 depending on the exercise I'm doing and have been losing slowly but steadily.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    5'6", weigh 128, 51 years old. In maintenance, eating 1750 a day. Eating all my calories back.
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 125 Member
    5'6, 135.4 pounds and eating around 1200, I find that I cannot lose weight if I go over that...I am working from home at the moment so pretty sedetary. Trying to exercise few times a weeks with videos but still my TDEE is not very high. Curse slow metabolism....I gained 25 pounds last year from eating 1500 a day.
  • I'm 33, 5'6 and went from 145 to 125 lbs last year in 2 months with the 1200 calorie diet. Back at 129 now but its been pretty easy for me to shed weight, around 1-2 lbs per week if I stick close enough to the calorie limit. I don't exercise enough (not recommended!) and don't generally eat back these calories if I do. I think MFP works well for me because I also limit myself to 50-80 carbs per day. Women can be very carb sensitive so while a lot of carbs are low in calories they counteract the work you are doing. I limit my carbs to only vegetables and low sugar fruits and it works well. I also generally cut out cheese since it adds a lot of calories. I go over by a couple hundred calories sometimes and am hungry a lot but it does really work. When I am really hungry I will often drink a green tea which has no calories and helps your metabolism. While its tough sometimes to stick to 1200, if you get to your ideal weight you get to go back up to a maintenance calorie allowance quicker which is easier and doesn't draw out the weight loss process any longer than you have to. You might feel starving in the beginning but you will adjust.
  • ylvak94
    ylvak94 Posts: 32 Member
    5'5.5" and I eat about 1000-1200 calories a day depending on how hungry I am and what is served at work. Sometimes I eat my exercise calories back, sometimes I don't. Just depends on what kind of day I'm having.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    5'4", approximately 162 lbs, I eat at 1550 and even though it says I'll lose 0.5 lbs a week, I think this is closer to my maintenance, personally. I don't exercise as much as I used to, but I don't eat back calories for strength training logged (because I don't think it's an accurate calorie burn); I muddle with eating back cardio cals burnt though :)
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2014
    5'5'', 26, currently weigh 204 down from 245.

I'm currently using the TDEE - 20% because I found it hard to quantify my lifting 3x a week and horseback riding. I'm sedentary but relatively active for an hour a day. My calories are set to 1775 (I underestimated it as working out 3x a week - so if I go over I don't beat myself up), and I do not eat back "exercise" calories - it's included in the TDEE - 20% calculation. I also like that it's consistent every day, so my lazy days I don't have to starve myself ;)

Previously I was using Fitbit (till it kicked the bucket) and usually got 1200 + 500-800 cal back a day, so it evened out. I'm losing about a lb/week.
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    DragonfliesOnWings Posts: 22 Member
    I'm 5'8" and 213. MFP gives me 1200/day. I may go up to 1600 some days, but I try to leave 500 exercise calories or I gain.