30lbs down after 190 days

Options
I've been aiming to lose 1lb a week, so I think I'm fairly on-target. It's not remotly as impressive as some of the successes I see on here but I'm quite proud of myself, it's the first time ever that I've managed to lose weight whilst actually trying to. I was 200lbs at my biggest, I'm only 5'5''. I've always had a pattern of eating too much, especially calorie-high junk, and being really sedentary day-to-day (I'm at home most of the time due to Aspergers related social anxiety.) I piled on pounds over the last 2 years, mainly just by sitting around and comfort eating. I was always chubby before that, but not as bad as I'd gotten by the start of this year.

Since joining MFP and logging everything, I started losing, and I still can't believe how simple it's been. Not that losing weight/struggling with resisting food/constant logging etc. is easy, far from it, I just mean the basic formula for weight loss - a calorie defecit. I had no idea that finding out what my daily intake should be and then not exceeding it (most days!) was enough to drop a chunk of weight. I now feel like I can actually see the result of my efforts, as much as I still hate myself in mirrors I can't deny that my clothes are all loose and I finally think I look a bit thinner in photos. I was on a rare night out with my fiancé and some of his friends the other night, someone snapped a photo of me - mid-blink so I look kinda hammered and I don't even drink, lol - but for the first time, I felt like I didn't look fat! It doesn't show me full length, but I think my face is noticeably thinner, and I felt like sharing anyway. (Excuse the lingerie-clad girl in the before pic, haha, my fiancé and I do model photography as a hobby and we were doing a photoshoot with her.)

x6fdq87ytzdh.jpg

p8raqh2z2j73.jpg

Replies

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Be proud - you look amazing :)
  • RosieLoo24
    RosieLoo24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself!!! You look fantastic. Keep up the great work!! :)
  • mywalkwithhim
    mywalkwithhim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Feel good about your hard work :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing it the right way. Losing slow and steady…basically eating like you will at goal now..so it is just the new you. And you do look much thinner. Nice work.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    oh yeah you definitely look thinner. And your skin is radiant.
    congrats
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much <3
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you are losing in a way that is sustainable and not hard on your body. Guessing you will have little difficulty maintaining in the long run. Keep up the hard work, you are going to look unbelievable as you are already so pretty!
  • bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love the lady in your before pic. That is awesome. You are beautiful and look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You're doing grand lass :smiley: So long as it goes that's all that matters.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!