Daily Inspiration

Options

Replies

• w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    "To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest."- Mahatma Gandhi
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    this is one of the best boards I've seen in awhile. I'm bumping so I can come back and read everything you've posted :heart:
  • w734q672
    Options
    this is one of the best boards I've seen in awhile. I'm bumping so I can come back and read everything you've posted :heart:

Glad you enjoy it. I hope you translate the advice into actions :smile:
  • w734q672
    Options
    "Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you"- Thomas Jefferson
  • w734q672
    Options
    Epic Story #11
    "Jean-Marc Hachey landed in West Africa as a volunteer, with high hopes of lending a helping hand. In that sense, his timing was great. He arrived in Ghana in the early 1980s, in the middle of a coup d'état, at the peak of hyperinflation, and just in time for the worst drought in a decade. For these same reasons, some people would consider his timing quite poor from a more selfish survival standpoint.
    He had also missed the memo. The national menu had changed, and they were out of luxuries like bread and clean water. He would be surviving for four months on a slushlike concoction of corn meal and spinach. Not what most of us would order at the movie theater.

Jean-Marc had passed the point of no return, but it didn't matter. After two weeks of adjusting to the breakfast, lunch, and dinner(Mush a la Ghana), he had no desire to escape. The most basic foods and good friends proved to be the only real necessities and what would seem like a disaster from the outside was the most life affirming epiphany he'd ever experienced: The worst really wasn't that bad. To enjoy life, you don't need fancy nonsense, but you do need to control your time and realize that most things just aren't as serious as you make them out to be.

Now 48, Jean-Marc lives in a nice home in Ontario, but could live without it. He has cash, but could fall into poverty tomorrow and it wouldn't matter. Some of his fondest memories still include nothing but friends and gruel. He is dedicated to creating special moments for himself and his family and is utterly unconcerned with retirement. He's already lived 20 years of partial retirement in perfect health.
    Don't save it all for the end. There is every reason not to."- Timothy Ferriss
  • w734q672
    Options
    “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” - Tony Robbins
  • w734q672
    Options
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy"- Dale Carnegie
  • w734q672
    Options
    “The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do.” ~ Thomas Edison
  • w734q672
    Options
    •The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what a man or woman is able to do that counts.
    - Booker T. Washington
  • w734q672
    Options
    "You don't need to know everything, as long as you know people who know the things you don't"- Harvey Mackay
  • w734q672
    Options
    "Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it." ~Zig Ziglar
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump :blush:
  • w734q672
    Options
    "You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."- Zig Ziglar
  • w734q672
    Options
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." Henry Ford
  • w734q672
    Options
    "People may doubt what you say but they will believe what you do."-Lewis Cass
  • w734q672
    Options
    “You are what you do, not what you say you'll do.” ― C.G. Jung
  • w734q672
    Options
    "Never confuse motion with action"- Benjamin Franklin
  • w734q672
    Options
    "Ideas without action are worthless." Harvey Mackay
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Lovely thread. =)
  • w734q672
    Options
    “Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.” ~ Chinese proverb