Mashed Cauliflower Recipes?

Options
I just had the mashed cauliflower side at Ruby Tuesday's this evening and am interested in making it at home. Anyone have any low-cal, tasty recipes to share?

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just had the mashed cauliflower side at Ruby Tuesday's this evening and am interested in making it at home. Anyone have any low-cal, tasty recipes to share?

In case you want their recipe look at copykat.com you may be able to find it there. That site has recipes that are close to being just like the restaurants foods.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I have hear of people making a pizza crust from cauliflower. You can google it. I havn't tried it but I want to. I hear it is AWESOME!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    it's super easy

steam it to mush, ridiculously soft, smash with sour cream & garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic). Serve.
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Google it. It is everywhere. ALSO, try Caulifower rice. I made "fried" rice with it, and my kids had NO idea it was cauliflower. Let us know if you find a great recipe!

Oh, also cauliflower pizza! Who knew?
  • mayree1979
    mayree1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I cook it just like Mashed Potatoes but I sub Cauliflower instead....LOVE IT
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe from the South Beach Diet for their Surprise Mashed "Potatoes". It is DELICIOUS!!

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
    2 cups cauliflower florets
    1/2 ounce I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
    1/2 ounce Land O'Lakes Gourmet Fat-Free Half & Half
    Pinch salt
    Pinch freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Steam or microwave the cauliflower until soft. Puree in a food processor, adding the butter spray and the half-and-half to taste. Season with salt and pepper.

Nutritional information
    81 calories
    6 total fat (2 g sat)
    4 mg cholesterol
    5 g carbohydrate
    2 g protein
    3 g fiber
    82 mg sodium
  • shirls1229
    Options
    This is the weight watchers recipe

8 oz cauliflower, florets
    3 small uncooked Yukon Gold potato(es), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 10 oz)
    2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), peeled
    1 tsp table salt, divided
    1/4 cup(s) low-fat milk
    2 tsp butter
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1 Tbsp chives, fresh, snipped

Place cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil until vegetables are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain and return to saucepan.

Stir in milk, butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in chives and serve. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

I substituted milk with non fat greek yogurt and instead of the butter I used the 0 cal butter spray - I didn't use chives
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    i cook mine, mash it up with skim milk,butter..and i throw in 2 wedges of laughing cow garlic and herb,chopped green onion, top with nacho shredded cheese and bake... bacon bits on top is even better
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I will have to try some of these great cauliflower recipes, thanks!
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Mashed Cauliflower! I make it as a side when we have Steak with Mushrooms.

1 whole fresh head of garlic (or a large bag of frozen)
    Minced Garlic
    I can't believe it's not butter
    Skim Milk

I usually boil the cauliflower (I don't have a steamer) until it is mushy, drain and mash.
    I add about 2tbs of minced Garlic
    1-2 tbs of Butter
    Milk till desired consistency, added a 1/2 tbs at a time.

If you want them spicy add a little bit of Cayanne Pepper or Curry Paste, not much but enough to saturate.
  • lizabean89
    lizabean89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite!

Steam a head of Cauliflower in the microwave.
    Put in food processor with a touch of garlic powder, one laughing cow lite wedge cheese, and a splash of milk. Blend away!

If you want a kick use a pepperjack cheese (just a touch though) or the garlic laughing cow light.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I like mashing it with roulade garlic cheese! Yummy. It's also very tasting with bolognaise instead of pasta.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the recipes! I love it roasted. There's a recipe on allrecipes.com that is really good. I made it again for Easter. Just cauliflower (I used frozen), olive oil, garlic, parmesan, and parsley. It browns so nicely and has such great flavor.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this and since I'm low carbing it right now I think it's def time!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Mqannie
    Mqannie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These sound great! Going to give some of them a try!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I love mash, so will definitely be trying these recipes!
  • whitejessamine
    Options

I make this all the time! We call it fauxtatoes :)