Lunch ideas!

Options
I am on the road a lot for work, driving about and I struggle to find healthy lunch options in local cafés and coffee shops. Sometimes I luck out, but most of the time my only alternative is to pack a lunch to eat in my car in between meetings. Obviously, I therefore do not have access to a fridge/microwave etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions of lunches I can pack up in the morning/night before, keep in my car (usually get in the car about 7am, lunch can be anywhere from 12.30 to late as 3pm depending on meetings) and safely eat?

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've ever used these:7P94-inuse-2-large.jpg

But if you get an insulated bag, I would think they'd be fine.

I used make bento as a hobby, but don't take the time often these days. Bento definitely for portion control!

I use these instead, and while I don't generally eat a sandwich, some grilled chicken, packed with some veggies, some cut up fruit and hummus or some other thing to dip the veggies in works pretty well as a go-to for lunch.

They make a salad version and I use that as well, though I've not been on much of a salad kick lately.
  • cich86
    cich86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If not the insulated bag (because of heat in the car) get a cooler with some icepacks. There are ways around everything! I know my husband when he'd work construction would wrap his pizza leftovers in foil and leave in his windshield to heat up in the sun. Lol.
    I came to this thread because I just simply don't plan ahead, and my lunch is usually my weakness, and grab whatever.
    I'll have to look into this bento thing lol. Since I'm clueless (just recently learned of it)

Soldier on! You just have to stay creative! ♡
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't make the best choices when I'm hungry and eager to eat, either. Also, I'm too damn cheap to buy lunch every day. So, yeah, planning ahead to pack something healthy and tasty the night before is important!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Get a baby cooler and bring your own lunches and snacks.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Buy a small cooler and some ice packs.

Pack anything you're interested in eating - sandwiches, leftover pizza, pasta salad with chicken, string cheese, fruit and veggies, etc.