New, 60+, widow, Hawaii, seeking diet support

Options
Hello. As my introduction, I am slightly 60+, widowed, live in Hawaii, and would like to find supportive online discussion/friends. I've spent the past few years as a caregiver, and now have the time and determination to focus on my own health. Anyone interested in teaming? I've yet to even fill in my MFP goals etc yet, but will start on that ASAP.

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm only 39, but I'm also a widow. I've been lifting heavy for almost a year and trying to be in the best shape of my life by the time I'm 40. Feel free to add me.
  • jagbug2014
    jagbug2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am June and I am a 58 yr old widow in Jacksonville, Florida. Feel free to add me. Good luck, you can do this. Now it time for YOU to be a priority.
  • fit_abbey
    Options
    Thanks Wolfsbayne and Jaybug, I've sent you friend requests. It is hard to concentrate on myself now, and I think staying motivated is going to be challenging. I think the "why bother" might weigh me down. Have you had to deal with that for yourselves?
  • fit_abbey
    Options
    I had a good first day. Luckily my appetite is low today, so I ate as much as I wanted, but I did not want much.
  • fit_abbey
    Options
    Things are going OK. I already had dinner, but am a bit hungry, so maybe I'll have some yogurt. I have enough calories left for the day to eat a yummy snack.