Initial 70lb goal hit in 199 days!

Options
lewispwest
lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
Good afternoon everyone!

I hit my initial 5 stone (70lb) goal recently and have finally made the time to post in this forum, something I've been looking forward to doing since I started my diet on 31st March of this year!

When I started, I was 18st 12lbs (264lbs) and suffering from depression, which does not go well with someone who eats to make themselves feel better. Every morning I would wake up and the first feeling I would have to the last one when I closed my eyes at night was a deep sense of self-loathing, all due to my weight and the problems that stemmed from it.

These problems included things like angina, heartburn and shortness of breath doing virtually anything. There was also the sweating issue!

So anyways one day I had enough and my grandparents had found a magazine advertising my local gym and offered to pay if I went, so I took them up on it. I kind of forced myself to keep going initially just because they were paying the fee and I didn't want to let them down, but as time went on, coupled with MFP I was finding it was working and that spurred me on to keep up with it :D

I wrote a blog on MFP, one post for every month of my journey. I've had some really nice feedback about how it's helped people to read it so if any of you are interested, it's here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lewispwest

So anyways, picture time!

BMI @ 264lbs
WCkB6lE.jpg

BMI @ 194lbs
TrUInCr.jpg

Initial Picture @ around 260lbs vs Picture @ 194lbs
MSRSp5e.jpgZUYNqgf.jpg

Facial comparison
pmIoJsn.jpg

What's nice is by just showing the last picture, I managed to help someone who is severely obese realise they can do something about it and they've lost almost a stone and a half in the last month :smiley:

When I first started on MFP, I saw someone put up a similar post like this and I thought "no way, that's incredible. Shame I'll never be able to do that" but I'm getting there so hopefully this post can help people who were in my boat!

Anyways, thanks for reading all!

62155664.png

Replies

• JordynJ83
    JordynJ83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an awesome job! You are looking great!

Quick question, which website did you use to get your BMI information used in the first picture?

Again, fantastic job!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well done! (*)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
    I like your blog as well. How tall are you Lewis?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Lewis that is impressive. I am working down from 251 pounds so your story is encouraging.
  • scare006jack37
    scare006jack37 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Losing over 10.5 usa pounds per month is dangerous and reckless.
    Congrats on accomplishing your goal! Practice healthier mass loss going forward with fewer pints =)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work, you look great!
  • lili22902003
    lili22902003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. Great job!
  • s_hawkins01
    s_hawkins01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspiring!
  • jamcgaugie
    Options
    Well done, I'm roughly on the same journey my goal is to do 5 stone by the end of November.
  • susanwdelucia
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is just wonderful, and definitely inspiring. Great work!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you have great grandparents..supportive. And you look so much younger and happy. Congratulations!
  • INSPIRE_SELF
    Options
    Great job absolutely mind blowing
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome!!!! Well done and so happy for you!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • lewispwest
    Options
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate your nice comments!
    debubbie wrote: »
    Quick question, which website did you use to get your BMI information used in the first picture?

It's from the MFP website under the "Reports" tab :)
    999tigger wrote: »
    Congratulations.
    I like your blog as well. How tall are you Lewis?

Thanks! I'm 6'1''
    Lewis that is impressive. I am working down from 251 pounds so your story is encouraging.

Happy I can be of assistance! Best of luck with your journey :smiley:

jamcgaugie wrote: »
    Well done, I'm roughly on the same journey my goal is to do 5 stone by the end of November.

Good luck!
  • lewispwest
    Options
    Congrats on accomplishing your goal! Practice healthier mass loss going forward with fewer pints =)

I was just going on the MFP goal set at losing 2lb per week and eating within 50kcal of my goal every day and going to the gym three times a week so I wasn't doing anything crazy to do it, I think because I was so big that it came off really quick to begin with. I've gone down to 1lb a week now, working my way gradually to maintenance so I can get my body used to eating more food each day.
  • bnmoncri
    bnmoncri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lewispwest wrote: »

I was just going on the MFP goal set at losing 2lb per week and eating within 50kcal of my goal every day and going to the gym three times a week so I wasn't doing anything crazy to do it, I think because I was so big that it came off really quick to begin with. I've gone down to 1lb a week now, working my way gradually to maintenance so I can get my body used to eating more food each day.

I know my first 3 weeks I lost like 15lbs, but have since gone to about 2lb a week so I know what you mean

• Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are fabulously handsome! Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!