More on how to add WW Points Tracking to MFP Diary

Options
beetpoet
beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
I found this under the Food and Nutrition board, under TOPIC: How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!! -- this topic was originally posted by CM9178.

This topic provides a script from userscripts.org that adds a new column to your MFP diary for tracking WW points. The script converts your diary entries into WW points.

Here is the whole procedure:

1. Use the Mozilla Firefox browser. Chrome might work, but the script is supported on Firefox.

2. Install Greasemonkey if you do not already have it. Greasemonkey enables you to install the script as a Firefox plug-in. See http://userscripts.org/about/installing

3. Install the script. A pop-up appears letting you know the script is installing. Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/song">how/122949

Note: If userscripts.org asks you to log in, just ignore this and click Scripts. Then search on the script name: MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points.

4. Edit the script as follows:

On line 10, change variable pointsPlus=false; to pointsPlus=true;

On line 11, change variable precisionWW to false;

You can edit the script using Mozilla Firefox "manage plug-ins." Or use a text editor. I prefer just using Mozilla. Click Tools > Add-ons and choose the script, then click Options. At the bottom of the page, click Edit this User Script. You then Save your edits.

5. In your MFP diary, you need to have specific metrics in a specific order for the script to work properly.

In settings for your diary, change the order as follows:

Calories - Carbs - Fat - Fiber - Protein

No other metrics can be showing in your diary and they must be in this order. (I had to omit tracking Sodium, but that is ok with me.)

Replies

• ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump...interesting. I just cancelled my WW subscription...I guess in my mind I should not have to pay to lose weight when I just have to be sensible about what I eat. Thanks for this. I might add it to see the difference.
  • janclark_1968
    Options
    Can you do the Old points Plan where you only Track
    Calories,fat and fiber? Since I don't like points plus and
    would like to only track Calories,fat and Fiber.
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    janm_clark wrote: »
    Can you do the Old points Plan where you only Track
    Calories,fat and fiber? Since I don't like points plus and
    would like to only track Calories,fat and Fiber.
    I hope so. I loved the vintage points system, lost every week... Tried the plus & put on weight