4 Fuji apples cored and cut into eights
4 cloves garlic crushed
2 onions chopped
10 whole juniper berries
2 2inch cinnamon sticks
8 whole cloves
20 whole black peppercorns
2 lbs turkey sausage links

place cabbage sauerkraut apples garlic and onions in slow cooker stir to combine tie juniper berries cinnamon sticks cloves and pepper corn in cheesecloth add to cooker spray nonstick skillet over med heat add sausage and cook 6-8 mins add to cooker cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 on low remove n discard cheesecloth bag serving 3 oz sausage 1 1/4 cup cabbage mixture 286 cal 9g fat 49 mg chol 923 mg sod 35 carb 10 g fib 19g prot

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Love the combination of flavors here. Must try.. Thanks for sharing
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    edited October 2014
    Why is this OP flagged as abuse?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    His profile says he's a 65 yr old widower--disabled--who likes to cook. I've seen his recipes on here frequently lately, and I say let him post them. If people don't like, or want to use them, they just fade away. It's obviously an important interest for him. Give the guy a little slack. o:)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    This looks good. I wonder if it would still turn out ok without the sauerkraut, never been a fan but everything else sounds delicious.
  • AmyWhims
    AmyWhims Posts: 8 Member
    This sounds delicious! I was looking for something different for the slow cooker today, and this sounds perfect. thank you!