in need of some tips

Options
ok i do good eating wise in the day time but at night I go crazy at night with eating I don't know why but I do any advice for stoping late night cravings? thanks amd advanced

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Save more calories for later in the day or snack on lettuce or celery, if you just need to chew on something but aren't actually hungry. People always say just drink water, but that does nothing for me...but a glass of crystal lite does. Just experiment and find what works for you.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy with an activity or something so that you're busy and not thinking about eating.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    get rid of the crap food in your house, think of something healthy that you consider a 'treat' & get it into your house... and go to bed earlier! there has to be some healthier snacks... celery & peanut butter.... microwave popcorn... something that there are a lot of so it takes you longer to eat them... sliced red pepper... :O) mmmm
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    definitely need to redirect your mind---do something else....if you watch TV at night, give it up because that is what is causing you associate the munchies with. Or go to your bedroom and watch TV (we are not allowed to eat upstairs). Stay busy. THe longer you do this---that is not partake in the nighttime munchies by redirecting your energy--the easier it will get. You are forming a new healthy habit--once that can stick for good---but instead of fighting it----do something else about it.
  • dbreun
    dbreun Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the same problem. I find that a few grapes or strawberries help with the sweet cravings. When I need to crunch on something, I eat raw almonds. They have a high fat content, but all nuts and nut based products do. They really help me feel like I'm eating something good, not just good for me. The Crystal Light suggestion works for me as well. I like to make my own freezie pops with it and some fresh fruit.

Good luck!