Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how much weight do you have to lose?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you're morbidly obese it's possible. Or if you're talking about the first week of trying to lose weight and the initial drop of water weight. Other than that....it would probably be very difficult and unhealthy.
  • LaurenV3636
    LaurenV3636 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Iv never really made a goal but im 4 pound off a big number which will probably been my lightest in a longgg time so, i was just wondering would 3-5 pound in a week be realistic or silly
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Iv never really made a goal but im 4 pound off a big number which will probably been my lightest in a longgg time so, i was just wondering would 3-5 pound in a week be realistic or silly

silly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

silly.

Ditto. Patience is a virtue.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If you're morbidly obese it's possible. Or if you're talking about the first week of trying to lose weight and the initial drop of water weight. Other than that....it would probably be very difficult and unhealthy.

There's also poop. So OP can just hold poop in all week and undereat, poop on weigh-in day, and may lose 3-5lbs

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very overweight and/or in the first few weeks of weight loss, a loss like that isn't something that you can do on purpose. It's more like something that happens due to water retention/fluctuation, your menstrual cycle, etc.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

There's also poop. So OP can just hold poop in all week and undereat, poop on weigh-in day, and may lose 3-5lbs

True. Or norovirus. I drop 3-5 lbs after a good bout of norovirus.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

True. Or norovirus. I drop 3-5 lbs after a good bout of norovirus.

Or if you have really thick, long hair, you could shave your head.

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

LOL I agree!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I was 363 lbs and initially dropped 11 lbs the first week and I think 9 after that. Then, it stabilized at around 2.4 to 3 lbs on my OMAD eating plan. Lost 173 lbs in all in 10 months and 27 days. But I wouldn't count on more than 2 lbs per week for most. A solid pound or pound-and-a-half is nice progress if it's consistent.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP with 20ish lbs left to lose you should aim to lose no more than 1lb/week.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So conclude that the options are being very overweight, initial water weight drop, or a massive bowel movement.

OP, average weight loss per week is about 0.5 to 2lbs. I would stick with that. The weight didn't get there quickly. 3,500 calories is 1lb, you would need a deficit ranging from 10,500-17,500 calories per week to drop 3 to 5lbs.
  • LaurenV3636
    LaurenV3636 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Some of those answers LOL! Thanks guys for the advice il stick to no goals per week and be patient:)
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Besides being both difficult and unhealthy to lose weight that quickly (unless you have quite a lot of weight to lose), wouldn't losing weight at that rate increase your chance of having saggy skin on your stomach/thighs/etc? Your skin needs time to adjust to the lost weight. In weight loss as in all things, patience is a wonderful virtue =)
  • emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose a pound a day BUT I was undereating and exercising every day. Not healthy at all!!!! so no, I dont think its a good idea to lose 3-5lbs a week. 1-2lbs is better as its easy to lose but harder to keep it off. Good luck!
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Only likely if mostly in water weight.

Do the math. To lose 3-5 lbs of fat, you'd need something like a 10,000-18,000 calorie deficit. That's about a 2000 calorie deficit per day.

You'd have to have a TDEE of at least 3000 or more, to be able to pull that off.