No loss... Frustrated

Options
So I have been working out with my trainer 2x a week and alone 1x a week for a little over a month. My clothes fit different but I have not lost anymore weight:(

He said I am not eating enough calories and need to eat 5 or 6 times a day, not 3. I eat my suggested 1200 plus my exercise calories. Grrr....

That was my frustrated growl, not my cougar growl! 

Replies

• bzmamaof4
    bzmamaof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you're seeing a difference in the way your clothes fit, maybe you're gaining muscle weight. Keep your head up! You're putting in the effort so the results WILL come! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do here is make your diary public so people can view it and offer suggestions. Maybe it's time to change up some of the foods you are eating and/or exercise routines? Hang in there!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Bump

Same problem. For 7 weeks I've been working out 20-45 minutes 4-6 days per week. Eating between 1200 and 1400 calories and eating back half to all of my exercise cals. I rarely exceed 1500 in sodium. I've lost 1.5 inches all over and zero pounds. I'm interested to hear some tips.
  • redinhead
    redinhead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been walking for 3 weeks now and have seen no movement on the scale. It's frustrating. But, the thing I keep telling myself is that even if I am not losing weight at the moment- I am still doing something to make myself feel better. That, in itself, is worth A LOT!

I know it's frustrating, but I realize that at some point what I am doing is going to make an impact... Keep yourself moving and you will still do what you are trying to achieve!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Try not to get upset! First, your clothes fit differently. That should tell you right there that something is changing, and that is a good thing!

I can tell you from personal experience, that once you start getting closer to your goal, the weight comes off more slowly. Also, you may not be eating enough, which will stall your weight loss. I've plateaued many times in the last few months, and I've found that I could break through that plateau by eating cleaner (a BIG one!), and increasing my calories.

So hang in there, and just keep up the good work! You will see results - maybe not as fast as you'd like, but as long as you keep it up, it'll happen.
  • Rubino469
    Rubino469 Posts: 12
    Options
    What do you mean by eating cleaner? I have not heard this term??:smile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You may need more calories than 1200, but the 6 meals a day is one of those things that has absolutely no basis in any scientific study at all. If someone knows of one I would like to see it. From all I have read in both the America and British journal of Clinical Nutrition, how many meals you eat in a day makes no different to metabolism. Basically the thinking was eating a bunch of meals would increase your metabolism through what is called the thermic (sp?) effect of food, that is it takes energy to digest. So more meals would increase that, supposedly. The reality is the metabolism boosts intensity and duration are directly connected to how big a meal you eat. So a small meal has a small thermic effect for a short period of time while a large meal has a large thermic effect for a longer duration of time. When this is measured for a whole day, surprise, surprise the total metabolic effect is exactly the same. It is just broken down through the day differently. A recent study also showed that eating several small meals a day does not keep your blood sugar down, but has the opposite effect of keeping it higher throughout the day. Basically, if three meals works with your schedule, stick with that. I would suggest considering increasing the number of calories you eat. If you are a 1200, increase it to 1300 for a week or so and see what happens. You will still be in a deficit, just a smaller one and your body will be less likely to want to hold on to its fat.
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am with you....I even tracked measurements and didn't even lose inches. I am on my fifth week of this. You will get lot's of advice about zig zagging calories, changing your routine, watching sodium, sugar, fat....increasing water, sleeping more, etc. And, if you are like me, you've already done these things.

I have no secret to help kick you off the plateau. My only suggestion is to watch what it does to your head....i definitely got to give up mode, worse than before I started my weight loss journey. But don't give up, push through it. This is your body's way of testing you to see how committed you are to changing it - both in body and mind.

Two things are helping my mind get through it (1) i turned off my newsfeed notices about being under calories and workouts. I was sick of seeing how good and how hard i was working without seeing the results. But I did NOT stop counting calories and working out - just didn't post to my newsfeed. (2) i blog my rants, disappointments, pissed off attitude, etc. i don't care if it annoys others, it helps me get through it.

Good luck - and power through it! :flowerforyou:
  • livingfitwithlori
    livingfitwithlori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do have my Diary open to friends. I reviewed it again, and honestly, I think I DO need to eat cleaner. I am always on the go so my "go to foods" are processed. I also was reminded that this month was Easter and my Birthday...a few fail days in there.

I am going to increase my cardio, try 1300 plus exercise cals and try to eat less processed food. I really don't think I can commit to 6 meals.