Breaking out.......HELP!!!!!!!!

Options
Im having this horrible dilema, Since i started working out 40 something days ago 4 to 5 days a week my back has totally broke out in blemishes/pimples. Its horribly disgusting and looks bad. Cant even wear my hot weather tang tops....:cry: Dont know what to use to try atleast making them look not as bad. I wash and scrub my back daily but it doesnt seem to be getting any better. Please help any suggestions.........

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I kind of went through this mildly!! I shower IMMEDIATELY after I workout, and use a loofah with nuetrogena's body clear body wash on my back chest and shoulders. Never had a problem after that!! I think it works well because it has salicylic ( spell check that haha) acid in it.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I used to wash my back because it used to break out really bad! then I stopped and the breakouts slowly decreased :P
    I think it was overcompensating for loss of oil from me washing it every day.
    I'm no expert, but you might want to scrub it less often, or watch what product you're using on it!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sometimes scrubbing your skin can make things worse, so be careful with that.

Along with showering immediately after a workout, I give my face and body a quick wash with very mild soap (Cetaphil works perfectly) to get anything that's built up on my skin off of it BEFORE I workout since once you start sweating, your pores open and oil, dirt, whatev will be drawn into them.
  • SeltzerKC
    SeltzerKC Posts: 13
    Options
    What are you wearing to workout in? You may want to try buying some wicking shirts so that way everything is pulled away from your body. The worse thing to wear is anything that’s 100% cotton. They wont breath.
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I would try a 2.5% or 5% benzoyl peroxide. You can buy it at any drugstore. You have to be careful though, because it's peroxide it'll bleach clothes. The problem with the washes is that the acid needs to absorb into your skin and it can't do that when you're washing it down the drain.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water! Your skin is yet another organ that gets rid of toxins in your body. Keeping it in good working order requires water.
    Especially when using cleansers that strip the skin of oil (and also water), it's important to keep the skin hydrated from the inside.

And if you can, avoid foods that are considered inflammatory: dairy and peanuts are two big ones:/

Good luck! (I'm currently dealing with a similar breakout on my poor face, so have lots of empathy:)
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I am totally trying everything to see what works for me. Hopefully i will correct some of it so i can start wearing my summer shirts.....Wish me luck Guys!!!!