Disappointed in Myself

Options
I know most people who read this will probably be able to relate to this. But i need to write this down.
I'm so disappointed in myself just now because I seem to be going through a mental block over the past 6 weeks or so. I haven't ate a healthy meal or been to the gym for about at least 6 weeks now and I can't bring myself to regain the attitude to get back on track.
I was so proud of myself for what I achieved. Although I was more concerned about my health and fitness, than I was about my weight. I still managed to lose 44 lbs in such a short space of time.
I keep finding excuses not to try again and never find the time of day.
How did others get past this???

Replies

• haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Someone posted this in another thread and I thought it might help you. I don't really have this issue, but still found it informative. It's from a google seminar about willpower.

Don't beat yourself up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BXuZL1HAg
  • lizzyrose418
    lizzyrose418 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We all stumble at times! I have found what really helps me is having friends, and posting to hold myself accountable. I am fortunate enough to have an awesome support system in my friends, family, and coworkers. Do you have someone who understands what you're going through?
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i feel ya. i am there. trying to avoid repeating my past mistakes. so far i am able to keep from quitting by uping my game and changing my program... seeing if i was just in a rut. i also signed up for a personal training session and she guided me toward a new plan... change can be good.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I simply can't believe it-- I watched the whole video (a few days ago) that your first responder posted. I thought of it immediately when I read your post as did Hail_dodger! You really need to watch it and pay close attention. I truly think the help your seeking is within it.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We all stumble at times! I have found what really helps me is having friends, and posting to hold myself accountable. I am fortunate enough to have an awesome support system in my friends, family, and coworkers. Do you have someone who understands what you're going through?

I like this advice. I have a whole bunch of people who could urge me on. I've not needed anyone up to now, but I think this might help.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    that video was awesome.
  • chrishazza
    chrishazza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Look back at what you achieved before,how great you felt.Get signed up for a new challenge in the new year,half marathon,10k,charity walk or triathlon and tell everyone your doing it.It might give you that little extra push your needing at the mo.
  • gary241069
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You're right Chris. I did remember how great I felt. I was very fit when I was younger and that gives me good memories too especially when I felt when people I know caught illnesses and I would say rather you than me, knowing I wouldn't catch it. These days I get every illness going. Where's that strong immune system now.
    To hell with it. Mondays is day one. Gym Appointment awaiting to me made. I just hope this cough is away by then!!!
  • gary241069
    Options
    p.s. Sorry folks. I can't share your enthusiasm of the video.
    I fell asleep through it. kinda bored me to sleep.
    I lasted 30 minutes though. Better than nothing...
  • gailteabo
    gailteabo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow- just do something. Even if you don't want to. Then tell somebody who supports you. Post about it- celebrate yourself for your accomplishment. Taking action-any kind- and letting yourself feel great about it, really works. At least that's the kind of thing that works for me.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    you need to make it a life style. happy to help in any way I can. feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The way I keep going is think about how far I have come.....concentrate on that 44lbs....look at yourself now compared to when you started. Have you tried creating a journal to inspire yourself? Sometimes when I read back through mine, I remember why I started this.....It does help.

Meanwhile, don't be too hard on yourself.....decide to start again like you did the first time and recommit yourself. Forget the last 6 weeks and start anew.....you can do it!
  • gary241069
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your support!
    I'm more determined than ever now to get back on track.
    I wish you all the best for your present and future achievements.
    Goodbye ;)
  • BE HAPPY. BE HEALTHY. BE AWESOME.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to find a new workout routine. Something you enjoy!!! The gym isn't for everyone!!! I prefer to run on trails and get a different view of nature every time. It's new and exciting every time. =) Maybe try a few different fitness classes and find something you really actually enjoy. It's also a good chance to meet people with similar interests and socialize.