20 lbs in a month?

Options
2»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't think you should think like this as you might get disappointed. Concentrate on 1-2 pounds a week which is achievable. Anything extra will be a bonus. Don't worry about those on your list who have done it. Don't do anything drastic that you can't keep up with

I had my whole weight loss planned out for the whole year and I got so peed off when it didn't match up. I didn't plan for weeks when you just don't lose and also the fact that weightloss could slow done.
    Good luck
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what a difference losing just 10lbs feels like. I honestly started to feel better after losing just 5lbs. It might seem daunting thinking about how far you have to go in your weight loss journey- that's how it was for me at first. It might be completely fine for you to lose that much weight in a month but don't push yourself so hard that you get burned out. A month might seem like a long time but it flies by so fast- give yourself time to reach your goals. Life is messy and you can't always account for little disruptions to your schedule. You'll get there. I would suggest shooting closer to 10lbs.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Because you want to do it in a safe way and then be focused on keeping it off.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal